eBird Mobile makes it easy to record the birds you see in the field, and seamlessly link these observations with eBird--a global online database of bird records used by hundreds of thousands of birders around the world. This free resource makes it easy to keep track of what you see, while making your data openly available for scientific research, education, and conservation. eBird Mobile is the only app that passes information directly from the iOS device to your eBird account on the web.
- Enter bird observations from any location around the world.
- Full global taxonomy based on The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World.
- Common names available in local languages (e.g., Portuguese names in Brazil or in Portugal).
- Checklists customized for your location and time of year, showing most likely species based on eBird data.
- Rare species flagged during data entry and on the checklist.
- "Record as you go" functionality for incremental list keeping and counting while birding.
- GPS enabled location plotting to ensure accuracy.
- Map tools that enable selecting from hundreds of thousands of eBird "Hotspots."
- Full offline functionality, enabling use in places with limited or no Internet connection.
- Trip and Day list functionality that makes it easy to keep track of your species list on a particular outing.
- Support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Entire app translated to German, Mandarin, French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Turkish, and Dutch.
Ratings and Reviews
Bonne application et simple a utiliser mais pourrait comprendre plus d’options lors de la mention des oiseaux.
Good for Recording What You See
This is a good smartphone app. But it is not problem-free, as became clear to me on a recent trip.
First, its locating and mapping ability is entirely dependent on contact to a live telephone network. Connecting to wifi only doesn’t do it.
Second, it is not integrated with the eBird website: checklists and locations entered on the app do go to the main Cornell data base. However, checklists and locations entered first on the eBird website do not get reflected in the app’s locations or checklists. This is funny, because one’s species total does get changed as the total changes in the website data base.
I will continue to use it because it is a useful tool some of the time.
L’application ne fonctionne pas
23 mars 2018. Je viens de m’abonner et télécharger l’application et elle ne fonctionne pas
- Cornell University
- 60 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Akan, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Cornell University
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.