Now supporting all of Canada!
1. iPhone 7 or later (with iOS 13 or later)
2. One of the following ID cards (without an address sticker):
- Driver’s Licence
- Photo ID Card
- BC Services Card
3. Be at the address on your ID when you register
4. Optional: Passport to increase your identity assurance level (supports passports from Canada, Britain, China, France, Malaysia, and the US)
Email email@example.com to beta test other passports or ID cards.
REGISTRATION TUTORIAL: bit.ly/eID-MeTut
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need assistance.
Note: If restoring your phone, you will need to register again for your eID.
eID-Me is a secure digital identity app that is developed by the Ottawa-based company, Bluink, backed by a $1.2M award from the Ontario Government.
eID-Me digitizes and securely stores government-issued identity and self-managed identity information on your smartphone.
Features and partnerships are being developed to make online identity verification quicker, easier, and more secure by eliminating passwords and strengthening privacy.
eID-Me’s digital ID can serve as a secure backup of your identity information in case you lose your physical ID documents.
eID-Me can’t currently be used as a substitute for legal identification. Our goal is to improve access to services that require verified identity, including government, financial, health care, and more. We’re developing partnerships to get that done. Having the eID-Me app up and running is necessary for that process.
If you want to help speed up eID-Me integrations, spread the word. Share eID-Me content on social media. Show eID-Me to friends. Email your MP and MPP, asking them to support eID-Me digital ID. Learn more at: eid-me.com/share
Join our eID-Me Members group to receive exclusive eID-Me information, access polls and group discussions, and help shape the future of digital identity. Learn more at: eid-me.com/join
HOW IT WORKS
Register for eID-Me by taking a live selfie, scanning your ID documents, and submitting for identity proofing while at your home address.
Your information is encrypted and sent to eID-Me’s secure registration server for verification. Once verified, an eID-Me digital identity is created on your smartphone using a digital certificate, which is bound to an anonymous identifier and your identity information.
You then have a secure digital wallet which can be used in online and offline identity transactions (coming soon). No identity information is retained on Bluink’s eID-Me servers.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
eID-Me’s decentralized identity model reduces the risk of massive data breaches since there is no centralized store of identity information. Your information is only stored on your smartphone.
eID-Me’s digital wallet is protected on the smartphone with strong encryption, leveraging the smartphone’s hardware security mechanisms, and is bound to your unlock method (e.g., passcode, fingerprint scan, face verification).
If your smartphone is lost, the “Find my iPhone” app can be used to find it or remotely wipe your data.
BENEFITS AND FEATURES
- Secure digital ID on your smartphone.
- Secure digital wallet on your smartphone containing your identity with verified ID information and self-managed information (e.g., credit card and medical information).
- No cloud storage of your identity information.
- Strong encryption and certificate-based authentication.
- eID-Me identity is bound to your local smartphone authentication (e.g., Touch ID, Face ID).
- Strong privacy protection with complete control over your identity and information.
- Support for Moroccan passports
- Improved support for Malaysian passports
- Improved BC card differentiation
- Improved Permanent Resident Card support
- Fix for missing background images for FAST and NEXUS cards
- Fix a scanning issue with Quebec Health Cards
- Adjusted card-scanning UI
- Improved card-scanning accessibility
- Other various bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Bank did not accept it
RBC Bank did not accept it today as approve of ID I wonder when this will be Australia accepted everywhere in Canad
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. eID-Me is now accepted for some applications, and we're in the process of partnering with a few large commercial and government organizations. However, it'll take some time for eID-Me to be accepted for a majority of applications. You can be notified of new partnerships and integrations by joining our email list at bluink.ca/join. Take care.
Didn’t work for me
I tried to register and I entered my email address as requested but never received the email with the code needed to complete the registration
Developer Response ,
We're sorry about that. Please email us at email@example.com and we'll provide some assistance. Thank you and take care.
Not working... garbage
Never mind the fact this doesn’t work who in thier right mind would accept this ID as creditable when all you have is a small black and white photo of your cards. I.e licence etc.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll provide some assistance. eID-Me is currently accepted as a form of identity verification for Diamond and Diamond Lawyers, and we're working on more integrations now. Thank you and take care.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bluink Ltd.
- 59.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Bluink Ltd.