FieldMap is a mobile mapping tool that enables you to bring your proprietary GIS (ArcMap or GeoMedia) map into the field for use in offline or connected mode by field tech workers. Field tech workers can still work effectively where the wireless network is unreliable or non-existent. The dynamically rendered and labeled map increases situational awareness and provides access to custom, concise, sophisticated forms that integrate GIS-related info and external work-related asset management info for data collection.
FieldMap provides all the functionality needed in the field:
- Offline, vector, WYSIWYG display of your GIS map that has been published from your GIS and downloaded to your device.
- Fully, dynamically labeled map according to your configuration in GIS for rapid map comprehension.
- Layer Control for turning layers on and off.
- Search for assets via attribute text or location-based augmented reality.
- Review asset attributes by tapping the asset on the map.
- Bring up a published asset form by tapping on the asset for easy data collection.
- Capture new assets in the field by tapping on the screen and/or using the on-board or external GPS receiver and also associate photos with the asset.
- Real time GPS location displayed on the map
- Distance and Area Measurement tools
- Overlay your GIS map on Apple Maps imagery or proprietary offline imagery (JP2 or ECW files).
- Mark-up map with redlines, share them with other FieldMap users, and email map image to back-office
- Download, display, and mark-up documents such as manuals, building plans, etc and share mark-up with other FieldMap users.
In the office, an organization can configure:
- User accounts for FieldMap users via a MapText web portal called FieldBox.
- Map publishing for use in the field
- Label placement rules with scale ranges
- Attributes for review in the field
- Search filters for the various layers
- Synchronization of field edits back into GIS
1) Addressed an issue in which showing a popover frequently leads to a crash.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.