Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Harness the power of the Mac Pro and Afterburner for realtime 8K editing
• Modern Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing on all Macs
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Use Pro Display XDR to accurately view HDR video
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices
• Export a video optimized for YouTube, Facebook, and other popular video destinations
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.15.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Improves stability when exporting with certain macOS Language & Region preferences
• Improves stability when playing H.264 or HEVC media
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth it
FCPx is completely under-rated. I’ve heard all of the complaints and I just don’t agree. I’ve been using FCPx for about 4 years and it’s great and only getting better with each update. Could there be improvements? Sure, but Apple is lisenting and they are doing great things.
Great and user-friendly !
I’ve been a long-time user of iMovie and I loved it.
When the version 10 was created, I didn’t like it that much.
So, I thought of moving to : “ Final Cut Pro “ for about a year.
Then, I saw all the new features of : “ Final Cut Pro X “ and I finally decided to buy it.
Now, I have Version 10.2.1 and it is extraordinary.
I’ve been studying it for 2 months, since I bought it, and I’m barely scratching the surface.
I would say that it seems to me that it is 100 times more powerful and more precise than iMovie !
I just love it… keep up the good work Apple !
Video example = Le Café des trois colombes ( Pierre Major )( Pianiste-Chanteur )
The new version 10.2.2 has improved greatly again.
I love more and more the fact that you can color independently, and so well, each clip that are part of your Project.
Yesterday, January 24th 2016, I discovered some more power about the : “ Audio effects “ and on how to select them for your clips.
They sound incredible and there are also some effects taken from : “ Logic Pro X “ that are available, in the : “ Browser “.
It is just fantastic, everyday there is something to discover… so much power !
Now, with 10.2.3, it is more powerful than ever with my Mac Pro with 32 gigs of Ram.
Too bad, that when we have different sizes of fonts, in a phrase, that we can’t select the : “ Whole phrase “ to change the font or the size.
We have to do it : “ One size section " at a time.
Usually, in Pages, you will select any paragraphs, with any size… and change the whole thing at the same time.
What I also would love, with the new version, is more parameters to adjust the : “ Audio effects “ on a track.
Right now, the : “ Audio effects “ have pretty basic parameters that barely do the job.
Well, now with the new version 10.3.2, they have updated and improve the : “ Audio effects “ with a lot of parameters.
It is quite amazing the sound mixing that we can do now !
Check out my new video : “ Pierre Major 2017 ” on YouTube.
The effects are quite impressive !
The new version 10.3.3 is much more stable and the text editing has greatly improved.
The effects look more beautiful and are easier than ever to use.
You guys are incredible… it’s hard to follow all the new innovations, but I try… keep up the good work !
With the last Sierra update… there was a problem with the Codec… when : “ Sharing “ a Project, a : “ Warning sign " was appearing for nothing !
Luckily, after a week, they fixed it with this new 10.3.4 version !
Good with some issue
Since FCPX being more pro oriented, It delivered good working tool for video creator. However, It dosen’t support really well S-Log convertion but If you use some third party, it should be ok, but It would be nice that FCPX support on it’s one this kind of support. Also, I had to delete the application for doing the 10.3.4 update…small issue but, could be fixed by Apple. Don’t be lasy on this software please, It explain for us (Apple Consumer) why we bought your computer and we know those machine are expensive.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 3.1 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15.6 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.