Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Cycle through different shots, graphics, or effects at one place in the timeline with Auditions
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing based on audio waveforms and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions that open within the Final Cut Pro interface
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• 64-bit architecture uses all the RAM in your system for larger projects and richer effects
• Background processing lets you keep working without interruption
• Work natively with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, H.264, HEVC from DSLRs, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an extensive ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Let Final Cut Pro repair audio problems such as hum, excessive background noise, and more
• Sync DSLR video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Improve the look of any clip with one-click Balance Color
• Manipulate color, saturation, and exposure with the Color Board
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Use themed menus to author and burn a DVD or Blu-ray disc
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.13.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), OpenCL-capable GPU graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs. Video output to VR headset requires Mac computer with discrete graphics running macOS High Sierra. 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics recommended. HEVC and HEIF support require macOS High Sierra.
• Detects media files that may be incompatible with future versions of macOS after Mojave and converts them to a compatible format
• Fixes an issue that could cause share destinations to disappear from the share menu after quitting Final Cut Pro
• Fixes an issue that could cause the workflow extension button to disappear when resizing the interface
• Fixes an issue in which the Select Clip command could incorrectly select the clip beneath the playhead
• Fixes an issue in which a successful share notification appears after the share operation was cancelled
• Fixes an issue in which frames saved to the frame browser in the Comparison Viewer may appear differently than they do in the viewer
• Fixes an issue in which frequency information for Hum Removal may not be visible in the audio inspector
• Fixes an issue in which relinked media may appear with black thumbnails in the browser and timeline
• Fixes an issue in which the share menu may be obscured behind the viewer when using Final Cut Pro in fullscreen mode
• Improves reliability when sharing video to YouTube
Introduced in Version 10.4.4
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party extensions that open directly within the app interface
• Drag and drop clips between the extension window, browser, and timeline
• Connect to existing third-party accounts to access projects, download media, and purchase content
• Deep integration allows extensions to control timeline playback, navigation, clip markers, and more
• Workflow extensions include tools for collaboration (Frame.io), stock media (Shutterstock), and asset management (CatDV)
• Export and transcode multiple clips in the browser — with or without a camera LUT — for fast turnaround of dailies and other reviews
• Select and export multiple projects
• Combine batch sharing with bundles to encode multiple files to multiple formats in one step
• Monitor export progress in the background tasks window
Video noise reduction
• Apply the high-quality, drag-and-drop noise reduction effect to reduce grain and video noise
• Use simple controls to quickly adjust the look and amount of noise reduction
• Easily change processing order by dragging the noise reduction effect in the inspector
• The viewer shows the noise reduction effect when paused and disables the effect when skimming for optimal performance
• Apply 360° noise reduction to 360° video clips while preserving a flawless seam
• View project and source timecode in one or more floating timecode windows
• Resize the timecode window and drag any one to a second screen
• Choose to display clip names and role names
• Color coding in the timecode window matches the colors of roles in the timeline
• Open the Comparison Viewer to reference other frames for consistent color grading across your project
• Quickly select the previous or next clip in the timeline as your reference frame
• Save any image to the frame browser to reference it later in the Comparison Viewer
• Select the Tiny Planet mapping option when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks
• Animate the field of view to transition from a close up to a satellite view flying high above your footage
• Give 360° titles and generators a powerfully warped look by applying the Tiny Planet mapping option
Other new features
• View, edit, and deliver closed captions in the SRT format, which is used by a wide range of websites including Facebook
• Choose to burn closed captions into your video to ensure they appear at all times during playback
• When dragging in the timeline to select a secondary storyline, you can now select individual clips or the entire secondary storyline
• Instantly turn any photo or video into a comic book illustration using Comic filter then refine the comic book look with simple controls to adjust ink edges, fill, and smoothness
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth it
FCPx is completely under-rated. I’ve heard all of the complaints and I just don’t agree. I’ve been using FCPx for about 4 years and it’s great and only getting better with each update. Could there be improvements? Sure, but Apple is lisenting and they are doing great things.
Great and user-friendly !
I’ve been a long-time user of iMovie and I loved it.
When the version 10 was created, I didn’t like it that much.
So, I thought of moving to : “ Final Cut Pro “ for about a year.
Then, I saw all the new features of : “ Final Cut Pro X “ and I finally decided to buy it.
Now, I have Version 10.2.1 and it is extraordinary.
I’ve been studying it for 2 months, since I bought it, and I’m barely scratching the surface.
I would say that it seems to me that it is 100 times more powerful and more precise than iMovie !
I just love it… keep up the good work Apple !
Video example = Le Café des trois colombes ( Pierre Major )( Pianiste-Chanteur )
The new version 10.2.2 has improved greatly again.
I love more and more the fact that you can color independently, and so well, each clip that are part of your Project.
Yesterday, January 24th 2016, I discovered some more power about the : “ Audio effects “ and on how to select them for your clips.
They sound incredible and there are also some effects taken from : “ Logic Pro X “ that are available, in the : “ Browser “.
It is just fantastic, everyday there is something to discover… so much power !
Now, with 10.2.3, it is more powerful than ever with my Mac Pro with 32 gigs of Ram.
Too bad, that when we have different sizes of fonts, in a phrase, that we can’t select the : “ Whole phrase “ to change the font or the size.
We have to do it : “ One size section " at a time.
Usually, in Pages, you will select any paragraphs, with any size… and change the whole thing at the same time.
What I also would love, with the new version, is more parameters to adjust the : “ Audio effects “ on a track.
Right now, the : “ Audio effects “ have pretty basic parameters that barely do the job.
Well, now with the new version 10.3.2, they have updated and improve the : “ Audio effects “ with a lot of parameters.
It is quite amazing the sound mixing that we can do now !
Check out my new video : “ Pierre Major 2017 ” on YouTube.
The effects are quite impressive !
The new version 10.3.3 is much more stable and the text editing has greatly improved.
The effects look more beautiful and are easier than ever to use.
You guys are incredible… it’s hard to follow all the new innovations, but I try… keep up the good work !
With the last Sierra update… there was a problem with the Codec… when : “ Sharing “ a Project, a : “ Warning sign " was appearing for nothing !
Luckily, after a week, they fixed it with this new 10.3.4 version !
FCPx keeps crashing
FCPx keeps crashing everytime I open the application, even deleting it and re-install doesn’t help neither.….. this sucks… I hope an update comes ASAP.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.