** Please note that Halide is not free. We offer a 7-day free trial of the app, and you can purchase an annual membership or buy the app outright with a single in-app purchase! **
Halide Mark II: The iMore App of the Year 2020.
Halide is an App Store Editor's Choice, award-winning camera from the team behind Spectre, Apple's App of the Year of 2019.
Halide was listed in Macworld's "Must Have Apps," The Verge's "Apps We Love," and picked by The Sweet Setup as "Best Third-Party Camera App for iPhone." Daring Fireball says, “This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
Halide is the most powerful camera for iPhone with the most elegant, simple design — A pro camera for everyone.
This is a groundbreaking app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools, and a beautiful interface designed from scratch for the latest iPhones and inspired by the controls of professional cameras, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide to change exposure and manual focus with a swipe or switch from its powerful automatic mode to manual shooting. Halide’s professional tools are the most powerful in the App Store, with XDR (Extended Dynamic Range) 14-bit RAW streaming waveform views, color zebras, focus assists like focus peaking and loupe, histograms, an adaptive level grid, manual depth capture, and RAW support.* Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs.
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface, usable with one hand
- Take portraits of pets and objects on iPhone XR and iPhone SE
- Manual focus, and powerful tools like a Focus Loupe and Focus Peaking
- Smart automatic mode with Halide Smart RAW, optimizing settings with Machine Learning for RAW files with less noise and more detail
- Full manual exposure controls including shutter speed, ISO and white balance
- Best-on-iPhone exposure tools: histograms, XDR 14-bit RGB waveform, and color zebra stripes
- Captures RAW, TIFF, HEIC or JPG for the best quality shots
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- A powerful reviewer to view DNG, JPG, HEIC and Live Photos, as well as Portrait depth data and mattes, with a detailed metadata view
- Instant RAW development process to quickly develop your RAW files in a tap
- Technical Readout to view all details of your iPhone camera hardware
- Apple Watch companion app for remote shooting
- Siri Shortcuts support to trigger the shutter remotely, or open Halide in Auto or Manual mode
- Coverage, a powerful new feature to take two photos with a small delay to capture both a maximum-Smart HDR processed image with Deep Fusion and Smart HDR, as well as a DNG RAW.
- Become a better photographer by signing up for comprehensive lessons like a 10-day quick tutorial right from the app.
- Private by Design: Halide does not include any trackers or tracking, has not third party libraries, does not collect data or photos, and never transmits any information. Halide also includes features to reduce spying by companies like Facebook by limiting location information on photos shared from the app.
* Feature limitations:
The Ultra Wide camera on iPhone 11 and 11 Pro does not support RAW or manual focus.
Waveform requires iPhone 8 or later. (8, X, XS, XR, SE2, 11, 11 Pro)
Depth Capture requires iPhone 7 Plus, 8 Plus, X, XS, XR, 11, 11 Pro, or SE2
THE IPHONE 12 MINI AND IPHONE 12 PRO MAX UPDATE
It’s been an exciting few weeks for iPhone users. First, we released Halide Mark II, a total redesign of our app with over 50+ new features, for free for all our existing users. Then Apple released the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro. And now, Apple and Lux bring you some extra treats: the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max, which go great with this new update: Halide 2.0.4.
Halide 2.0.4 brings compatibility for the new tiny iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max, allowing the best camera app on the App Store to let you unlock the power of the massive new camera sensor, in-body sensor-shift stabilization and 65mm telephoto lens on the iPhone 12 Pro Max, and the stunning f/1.6 Wide camera on the iPhone 12 mini.
Here's a few of the things we've done: We've updated the Technical Readout to support the latest iPhones. We've added new frame lines, tweaked controls, layout and design, and optimized the app. On iPhone 12 Pro Max, we now capture the most detailed, low-noise RAW files that have ever been shot on any iPhone. And we're just getting started!
This update also brings a number of performance improvements and layout fixes for all of our users, from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 11. Sharing RAW files works better. Things somehow look and feel even better!
As a reminder, Halide Mark II is a free update for all existing Halide 1 users. If you loved the update, please consider getting a Membership to support us in the Settings. As a reward, you will unlock some special icons.
We're listening to feedback and bug reports, so if you have any requests, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll get right on it. You can also reach out to @halidecamera on Twitter. We're a small, three person team, but we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.
Finally if you enjoy Halide Mark II, please consider leaving a rating. It goes a long way.
- Ben, Sebastiaan, and Rebecca
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Your iPhone has an excellent camera and the picture wizards at Lux Optics want to help photographers make the most of it. Hey presto: Halide Camera! It’s designed around two principles: the kind of granular settings you’d expect from a professional DSLR; and a slick, one-handed interface that complements today’s devices.
Great RAW camera app
This is an updated review of my previous comments, wherein I lamented a couple key features that I thought weren’t there. I’m not sure if I had a “bad build”, or if I completely missed them (though I’m certain I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find them), but nevertheless after updating I now see them (I probably just didn’t find hem before).
ANYWAYS. Great app. Easy to use. I’m looking forward to shooting with my 8+ a bit more when I’m in Europe next week, knowing I can use RAW and post process later without loss.
Developer Response ,
Sorry if the UI isn't as clear as it could be! If you tap the triangle in the middle of the toolbar (which looks like an 'A'), it will switch into manual mode. From there, you can adjust the shutter speed, white balance, and ISO.
If you have any other questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll be happy to help!
thank you, loving Halide so far! pretty intuitive, and I love the haptic feedback when locking into a level rotation :)
- Lux Optics Incorporated
- 23.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.2 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Lux Optics Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly $15.99
- One Time Purchase $49.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.