LightBlue® can connect you to all of your devices that use Bluetooth Low Energy (also known as Bluetooth Smart, or Bluetooth Light).
LightBlue® has two modes, central and peripheral. In central mode, you can scan for and connect to all BLE devices around you. Once connected, you have a detailed view of all the device's profiles, from which you can read and write to characteristics and subscribe to notifications.
To enter BLE peripheral mode, navigate to the "Virtual Devices" tab and tap on the "+" icon to create a virtual device. When the blue checkmark is checked for a device, your iOS device is advertising as that particular BLE peripheral. LightBlue® allows you to customize the services and characteristics of any virtual peripheral profile. You can also clone any peripheral you connect to in central mode and save that profile to your list of virtual peripherals—simply connect to a device and tap on the "Clone" button on the top right of the screen.
Full support of read, write, and notify is included. You can view the signal strength (RSSI) to get an idea of how close you are to the peripheral.
The log tab allows you to keep track of all significant BLE events that occur while using the app (e.g., device discovery, connection, reading, writing), and you can share the content of the log.
Use LightBlue® to test your new BLE Heart Rate Monitor, temperature sensor, Microchip AVR-BLE and PIC-BLE development boards, TI CC2540 Keyfob, Nordic uBlue, Panasonic PAN1720, etc. LightBlue® is also ideal for developers wanting to test the firmware of their own BLE peripherals.
- Scan and discover Bluetooth peripherals in the vicinity
- See basic device info (UUID, RSSI)
- Browse services and characteristics
- Register for notifications and indications
- Send data from notifications and indications to AWS IoT or Adafruit IO via our Cloud Connect feature
- Read values from characteristics
- Write to characteristics in Hex, Oct, Bin, Decimal or ASCII
- Clone peripheral profiles
- Choose from an array of common, preconfigured peripheral profiles
- Advertise as a peripheral using custom profiles
- Thoroughly log and share BLE events
- Custom UI and extended support for connecting to Microchip AVR-BLE and PIC-BLE development boards
Minor bug fixes and updates
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing! I lost my watch in Vegas at the pool and was able to track it down with this app! Thank you soo much!!
Couldn’t find my Fitbit with it.
I lost my Fitbit and the website told me to download this app. I did and it still couldn’t find my Fitbit. Thankfully at that time my Fitbit started to vibrate from text messages, so I could find it, but this app did NOTHING!
Found my 12 pro under water!!
I stupidly went into a shallow swamp to get a disc golf frisbee and didn’t realize my phone slipped out of my pocket. Spent about an hour looking for it in the brown muddy water. Then I got LightBlue and went back with my old phone and when I got close the signal showed up. Which is amazing when under water. The signal strength led me to it and it was only about 8 to 10 inches under water. Saved me big$$$!!! Much better than Find My Iphone which was useless.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Punch Through Design LLC
- 6.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Punch Through Design LLC