Mileage Tracker by Driversnote 4+
CRA Compliant Mile Log Book
Updated 2023 rates from the CRA! Save time and get the most accurate kilometre logbook with an automatic mileage tracker from Driversnote. Hardware solution available.
Put your mileage logbook on autopilot: Let your phone track your trips, and have your CRA compliant mileage documentation ready for hand-over at any time.
1,000,000+ trust us with their mileage logbook. Get started for free today!
▶ 1. TRACK: Record your trips on the go
- Simply press start and let the app take care of the rest. Driversnote records your trip from start to finish using your phone’s GPS.
- Never forget to log a trip again, just enable our Auto Tracking and, all your trips will automatically be logged in the background. Just keep the phone in your pocket.
- Forgot a trip? No problem, you can always manually add a trip later on. Simply select where the trip started and ended and we’ll calculate a route.
▶ 2. CLASSIFY: Log who you visited & the purpose
- Easily categorise your trips as business or private.
- Start and stop destinations are automatically logged, and you can easily name your locations. We’ll even suggest frequented locations nearby, so you simply select the one you visited.
- When returning to the same place the app automatically finds previous locations nearby - which saves you time.
- Do you need to keep a mileage log for multiple vehicles or report mileage to more than one employer? No problem! You can easily split your trips and reports for different vehicles and workplaces.
▶ 3. REPORT: Easily submit your CRA compliant logbook
- Your mileage documentation is ready when you are. You’re only one click away from detailed reports available on your phone or desktop. Download as a PDF or Excel file, ready to hand over to your employer or accountant at your convenience.
- We create a complete, detailed report that can be given to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as documentation for reimbursement claims or tax deductions.
- Do you need to log your car’s odometer? We’ve got you covered. You decide how often you log your odometer and we do all the math between trips. You can set the app to remind you daily, weekly or monthly.
▶ CANADA REVENUE AGENCY (CRA) & MILEAGE RATES
- Driversnote automatically calculates reimbursements based on the current mileage rates from CRA (that we make sure to keep up-to-date).
- You can set your own custom reimbursement rates or opt-out of calculating reimbursements altogether.
- We primarily support the following countries: Canada (CRA), USA (IRS), Australia (ATO), United Kingdom (HMRC), Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. But our system is used in more than 50 countries.
▶ YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
- All your data is secured on your online account and is always available even if you lose your phone.
- You can easily manage everything from our website. From here you can access your trips, manage your locations etc. and print reports or download them as PDF or Excel.
▶ AUTO TRACKING WITH IBEACON
- Place a Driversnote iBeacon in your car and the app will automatically record all your trips in the background. You will never forget to log a trip again.
- When you sign up for the annual basic subscription we’ll send you an iBeacon for free.
- Your phone connects to the iBeacon when you enter the vehicle, and starts recording as you begin your drive.
- The app stops recording when you exit your vehicle, and you’ll get a notification that the trip was logged.
- If you have questions or feedback please contact us at tel. (+45) 71 99 37 54 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do use the GPS in the background when logging a trip, and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This is an important update.
We have had a hectic week here at Driversnote.
The new iOS 16.4 would stop our auto-tracking feature from working on Apple devices. That won’t fly.
This new update fixes that issue. Hopefully before you even noticed it.
Our team has been on the road constantly the last couple of days to test update 4.9.3.
And it works as it should! Big shout out to the team for this one.
You will begin to see a little blue arrow in the top left corner of your screen, when we are helping you log your trips. This is Apple’s way of telling you an app is using location services in the background.
As always – our support team is ready to help you at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
USES WAY TOO MUCH DATA
every time I open it to use it, which isn’t too often it eats up all my data for the month in just a couple uses. Otherwise it’s been good but don’t get this app. It will cost you way too much to use.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your message.
There's no precise estimate of data usage. It varies and is relative to how often you use the app to track trips.
The app itself actually doesn't need data to track trips, it utilizes the GPS network to track your position. It only needs data to synchronize with our server, which can be done when you're on a wifi network.
Just remember to have the Driversnote app running in the background. If you have it running on the main screen it consumes data, because Google Maps are showing the route you're driving, which it uses data for.
Feel to write again if you need more info or have questions about mileage reimbursement. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent app! Highly recommend.
Location needs to be always on despite buying beacons
What’s the point of having beacons if my location has to be always on! Even when I am not using the app! What are you guys doing with my location data? I purchased two beacons for two cars and I’m order to have the auto track on, I have to have location on ALWAYS which DRAINS my battery!! I want my refund for the beacons!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Thank you for your review! I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing battery drains. We are currently working on improving this, however, it is not an easy task.
I can assure you that we are keeping your data safe and protecting your privacy! I'd like you to refer to this article which explains why we need location to be on always: https://driversnote.helpscoutdocs.com/article/74-why-location-services
If you would like a refund or discuss your case further, please write us at email@example.com. We'd love to help any way we can! All the best, nadja from driversnote
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Driversnote ApS
- 66 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Driversnote ApS