MUN SAFE is the official safety app of Memorial University of Newfoundland. It is the only app that integrates with MUN's safety and security systems. Memorial University of Newfoundland has worked to develop a unique app that provides students, faculty and staff with added safety on campus. The app will send you important safety alerts and provide instant access to campus safety resources.
MUN SAFE features include:
- Emergency Contacts: Contact the correct services for the MUN area in case of an emergency or a non-emergency concern
- Mobile Bluelight: Send your location to campus security in real-time in case of a crisis
- Friend Walk: Send your location to a friend through email or SMS on your device. Once the friend accepts the Friend Walk request, the user picks their destination and their friend tracks their location in real time; they can keep an eye on them to make sure they make it safely to their destination.
- Tip Reporting: In-App tip reporting a safety/security concern directly to campus security.
- Safety Toolbox: Enhance your safety with the set of tools provided in one convenient app.
- Campus Maps: Navigate around the MUN area.
- Emergency Plans: Campus emergency documentation that can prepare you for disasters or emergencies. This can be accessed even when users aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Support Resources: Access support resources in one convenient app to enjoy a successful experience at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Safety Notifications: Receive instant notifications and instructions from MUN safety when on-campus emergencies occur.
- WorkAlone: Use the app to "check in" with you periodically while working alone or during late hours. If you don't respond, the app will alert Campus Security.
Thousands of students, faculty, and staff at the Memorial University of Newfoundland are already using MUN SAFE. Download today and ensure that you're prepared in the event of an emergency.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
She works by’s
Does what it needs to do
Doesn’t actually work
While good in theory it doesn’t actually work. I was just in the Chemistry building and we had to be evacuated because of a gas leak. Not once during the 40min timeframe that we were not allowed to go back inside the building did I get a notification about this happening. Getting a simple notification when a building has to evacuated should not be that difficult for a SAFETY application.
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 10.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Memorial University of Newfoundland
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.