At Google Nest, we make products that are beautiful, helpful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam and receive an alert if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And receive notifications on your iPhone or iPad.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heating and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgotten to set the alarm? It will notice, and send you a Remind me alert.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature while on the train or from the sofa using your phone.
- See how much energy you've used and why.
- View and edit your schedule.
- Receive extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Receive a Remind me alert if you've gone out and forgotten to set the alarm.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm – a door or window opening, or someone entering a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks and speaks, and alerts your phone.
- Receive an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide. (Requires Wi-Fi and a working Internet connection.)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence (Nest Protect 2nd generation only.)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Check-Up to test all your alarms at once (Nest Protect 2nd generation only.)
- See your Safety History so that you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Outdoor, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor and Dropcam
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Receive alerts when there's activity and respond to get someone's attention.
- See what you've missed with snapshots of the past three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD video (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Receive person alerts (or familiar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- 24/7 video streaming means that you’ll never miss a moment.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe or parcels on the ground.
- Can tell the difference between a person and something else.
- Notifies you about visitors, even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and listen lets you have a seamless conversation with someone at your door.
- When you can't answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with pre-recorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure connected home.
- Instead of sharing keys, assign passcodes in the Nest app to people you trust.
- Receive an alert when someone locks or unlocks the door.
- With Home/Away Assist and Auto-lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working Internet connection, Wi-Fi, and/or Bluetooth.
Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
However issues with shower steam/detection of particulate matter persist. Despite update. The smoke detector is at least 30 feet away down the hall.....
Too expensive and slow load times
For the cost, should be a lot better
Would never buy again
The first one we bought didn’t work right from the box. The replacement worked fine for the heat in the winter months but it keeps cycling my AC on and off. Every 2-3 seconds it clicks on and off. If I turn the dial on the thermostat or open the app the AC stays on for about 1 minute then starts cycling on and off again.
- Nest Labs, Inc
- 333.3 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-20 Nest Labs, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.