Network Analyzer is a lite version of Network Analyzer Pro - an advanced tool for network diagnostics, LAN scanning and problem detection.
Network Analyzer can help you diagnose various problems with your wifi network setup and Internet connectivity thanks to the tools it provides.
It is equipped with a fast wifi device discovery tool, including all the LAN device's addresses and names. Further, arbitrary device's reachability can be tested with the provided ping tool. Finally, it displays various useful information related to your wifi/cell connection.
WIFI LAN SCANNER
• Fast detection of all network devices
• IP address of discovered devices
• NetBIOS, mDNS (Bonjour), LLMNR or DNS name where available
• Pingability test of discovered devices
• Detection of IPv6 availability
• Round trip delay testing including the server's IP address and hostname
• Support of both for IPv4 and IPv6
• Country detection of the analyzed server
• Default gateway, external IP (v4 and v6), DNS server
• Wifi network information such as SSID, BSSID, IP address (v4 and v6), and subnet mask
• Cell network information such as IP address, network provider, MCC, MNC
• Full support of IPv6
• Detailed help
• Regular updates
• Added the possibility to enable the location permission which is required to access SSID/BSSID since iOS 13
• Various fixes and improvements
• TODO: dark mode will be supported in the upcoming release
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With the introduction of iOS 11 Apple has limited this app. You can no longer see the MAC addresses of the devices on you home network.
A shame, cause this app had everything going for it.
Developer Response ,
Hello, yes, the app is somewhat limited without access to MAC addresses but when your devices report their names by some other means such as Bonjour, UPNP, mDNS, DNS, NetBIOS, LLMNR, etc., these names are still shown by the app. I'm not sure if the removal of MAC addresses justifies the 1-star review (which is how you'd rate an app that doesn't work at all) when everything else works correctly.
A Handy Utilitarian
A quick an easy method for garnering details about any connected WiFi network.
Great app to check on the links to your network simple and straight
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.