Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator, and more. Add tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you'll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates, and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC using iWork for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organize and summarize tables to gain new insights
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text, and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes, and images look beautiful
• Use donut charts to visualize data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music, and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value, and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favorite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter, and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates, and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, checkboxes, pop-ups, and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
Share your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF, and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Greatly improved accuracy using the enhanced 128-bit calculation engine.
• Style your text by filling it with gradients or images, or by applying new outline styles.
• Create links from text to other sheets in a spreadsheet.
• Place images, shapes, and equations inline in text boxes so they move with text.
• Using face detection, subjects in photos are intelligently positioned in placeholders and objects.
• Improved performance while editing and sorting tables.
• Add rows to filtered tables.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is like putting lipstick on a pig
Ok, i do love using this app for some things. But i find that i have to fire up Excel to accomplish some of the most simple basic things and i hate that
FIND AND REPLACE — this has been a beef for people for a long time. Why can we not select a colum or row and find and replace within that row only. Apple’s technique is to make you find and replace every instance on your entire workbook. Thats it. Of course you can walk through every instance and manually select and your options. BUT this is not kindergarten where we are only with 30 records or less. If working with large data set, apples method is not an option for efficency or accuracy. And than it wants to do all sheets withing that file name. the only solution is to have a seperate file to copy and paste your information to modify into that file, and than to paste back into your first file. Not handy
How about a replace first instance only or some other combinations. Might be nice also. But hey i guess your giving it away for free now. As you should
Love it this app!!
I absolutely love how easy it is to use Numbers and how user friendly it is! It has beautiful template for pretty much anything you would want to creat a spreadsheet for. Or if you don’t like any of them you can create one very easily. I love how easy it is to import documents from excel. One thing I wish I could do is edit the spreadsheet tab the same way I can edit a cell tab. But all I can do to the spreadsheet tab is change the name. In the next update, I’d like to be able to change the color of the tab and it’d be even better if there was an option that the spreadsheet tab would atomically change color if any data is inputted in the spreadsheet.
Beautiful UI but frustratingly underpowered and lacking features
Numbers is nice modern approach to spreadsheets however it’s a shame the program is almost never updated, and rediculoulsy underpowered compared to Google Sheets or Excell.
It’s an en enjoyable and beuatiful program, but only suitable for the most basic spreadsheet tasks. It lacks critical features to be actually useful.
The collaboration features weaken the software further. Removing some of the few power features that are actually present. There isn’t even a way to adjust Styles in a shared doc (and no on screen help guides to explain why features are simply greyed out)… unacceptable.
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 207 MB
macOS 10.13 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.