Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. And use comments, change tracking, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Type vertically in your entire document or in an individual text box
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Use the new table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book.
• Automatically sync custom shapes and templates to all your devices using iCloud.
• Add alignment guides to master pages to help with layout.
• Improved performance while collaborating on documents.
• Insert tables of contents and edit grouped objects while collaborating.
• In Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages, you can now type vertically in your entire document or in an individual text box.
Ratings and Reviews
Screwing up linked text boxes
I love Pages. It’s so easy to use, but when you took linked text boxes away, I had to return to Word to do my work. Now with the return of linked text boxes, I hoped I could return to Pages, but pages 6.2 won’t let text boxes be linked to previous pages. What were you thinking? I guess it’s back to Word.
This program actually makes me want to scream. The constant removal of functionality, the default settings that cannot be changed (such as text wrapping) and clunky and hard to access subsubsubmenus make this program almost impossible to use as anything other than a very basic word processor. If you’re typing an essay, great! If not, be ready to want to throw your computer through a window. I am only using it as I can’t afford my adobe subscription at the moment, as I would much rather use indesign.
Seriously, Apple, STOP removing functionality from your programs. It’s completely ridiculous. Macs used to be for creative professionals, but they are being so dumbed down that I am very seriously considering not getting a mac for my next computer. I have only ever owned Mac computers for my entire life, but the lack of usability and functionality in Pages is indicitive of the way all Mac programs and computers are going - they are being dumbed down for mass popularity rather than improved to continually support the audience that made mac the powerhouse it is today. I’m not the first creative professional that I know of who feels this way, and if things don’t change I certainly won’t be the last.
Functions disappearing, dumbing down of the app, simple things like starting page count at 1 on the second page are infuriatingly difficult to do.
I have to switch to Microsoft word since some simple tasks are hidden or non-existent.
Step your game up Pages.
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 307.6 MB
macOS 10.13 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.