Park Indigo - One App, One Place.
Choose your favorite Indigo parking spot amongst over 250,000 spaces all over Canada, including cities like Calgary, Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Halifax, Winnipeg!
Park and pay on the go, or plan ahead by booking in advance.
Main Features of the Park Indigo App:
Find the parking spot that fits you perfectly:
* Enter your destination and easily choose the nearest location through the map or using
the automatic geolocation service. You can even save your favorite parking lots to
facilitate your next visit!
Pay on the go:
* Quickly and seamlessly pay for your parking while on the move
* Easily extend your time from afar. Enjoy the moment; no need to rush back to the parking
meter to extend your time
* The time for tickets on dashboards is over; we know you’re there so you’re all set
Reserve your parking in advance:
* Whether it’s for a show, hockey game, a trip to the airport, or just for fun, you can always
reserve your parking in advance and focus on enjoying your moment
Easily manage your preferences:
* Once your information is saved to your account, pay in just a few clicks
* Add as many vehicles and credit cards as you like. Don’t worry, your credit card
information is encrypted
Apply for a monthly parking pass:
* Apply, manage and pay for your monthly pass directly through the app. Passes are
available at over 900 Indigo parking locations Canada-wide
Monitor your activity:
* Access your current, upcoming or past reservations at your convenience. Don’t worry, if
your plan changes you can cancel your reservation before it starts, free of charge
****GET STARTED WITH PARK INDIGO NOW!****
More information about the car parks including prices and opening hours.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
So far so good
It would be great if we could book parking in 15 minute chunks and not just hours. This is how other parking apps do it and it would be very helpful and less limiting. This detail might make me park at other lots more often.
Downloaded and got a ticket
Downloaded the app. Got a confirmation email that I had paid and came back to see a ticket on my windshield. Nice.
I talked to the front office. My ticket and my commencement time for paying were identical. They said they wouldn’t remove the ticket as I had a previous unpaid ticket. The unpaid ticket of course is a similar dispute where they didn’t have visible signage on the entrance I used in a lot that used to be free and there was no way I could know I needed to pay so I refused to pay that.
What I’ve learned is you need to be very wary with whatever information you give to this company. When you phone them they ask all sorts of information like your address and phone number. What they are after is the data they need to give to their collectors such that they can harass you to the point of paying. They don’t automatically have it otherwise.
When the collector calls start coming, you you can’t win a suit in court till you have been damaged by them and if you don’t pay you haven’t been damaged so you really can’t stop the harassment. If you do pay you admit guilt so you could never successfully take them to court. Brilliant strategy which is why they do it.
In short if you have an overdeveloped sense of justice like me:
- do not give them any information,
- keep a file both of when you do pay (so that courts know your are not just a dead beat).
- Keep photos and correspondence on each case where there’s and injustice and
- look forward to the day when they finally tow you for unpaid tickets such that when you win in court, they get to pay for the tow truck.
Ok so you need to carry lots of anger and resentment and really have a fundamental sense of entitlement but you’ll be doing everyone around you a favour. They rely on people just paying because it’s easier rather than sticking up for their legal rights.
They are a sophisticated company. As such, there is a greater burden on them communicating the contract of parking than on you as a consumer. So, if you’ve been mistreated they will lose in court as long as you have documented you side well.
Horrible customer service. Entered parking at wrong lot by accident. Requested a refund immediately and was denied. Had to open dispute with credit card company. Do not trust this app, developer or company.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.