Welcome to the official Parks Canada app, your guide to planning and enhancing your next visit to the iconic destinations administered by Parks Canada. 450 000 km2 of stories at your fingertips!
Get on-the-go access to the essentials, easy to use navigation, and exclusive access to self-guided tours on your mobile device. Connect with history and discover nature at national parks, national historic sites, national urban parks, national marine conservation areas, and historic canals and waterways across Canada.
- Mobile guided tours: Explore at your own pace with interactive self-guided experiences. GPS triggered stops feature photos, videos, quizzes, and games. Explore on foot, by car, on a bicycle, or hike a trail. Go behind the scenes and learn about the untold stories of your favourite locations.
- Discover new places in your own backyard: use the “near me” feature to get a list of locations listed from closest to furthest from your current position.
- Locations from across Canada: Get directions to your Parks Canada destination and plan your visit with site information, hours of operation, facilities and services, activities and experiences, quick facts, and special content like podcast episodes and behind the scenes videos.
- Accessibility: Enjoy in-app accessibility support for screen readers, content in French and English, and more languages available for select tours.
- Driving directions: Get to the right location with GPS coordinates that link to your favourite navigation app on your mobile device.
- Quick links: Looking to book a campsite, or buy a Discovery Pass? Direct links to the Parks Canada website are found throughout the app to make it easy to find the information you may be seeking.
- Available offline: Download the app in advance and use it when you’re offline. Download guided tours and use them from anywhere, including locations with no cell service.
- Learn-to Camp: check out the wide array of workshops and activities to enjoy on site or from the comfort of home and learn practical tips on how to start a campfire, fill a cooler, and more!
- Nature and science - explore our conservation stories to learn more about how we are protecting species, habitats, and ecosystems in collaboration with Indigenous partners.
The Parks Canada app is updated regularly with seasonal content and new mobile guided tours.
By using GPS features, you can see your location on maps, get customized lists, and use GPS triggered self-guided tours. Continued use of GPS in the background can significantly decrease battery life.
Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great App…When it works
When I can use this app, it is great. The self guided tours are wonderful. The problem is if you use the app, then attempt to use it again, all you get is a blank white screen and one word: loading. It goes on like that forever. Sometimes it takes until the next day before you can use the app again. I wish the self guided tours were available on the regular website, if this issue cannot be addressed.
Developer Response ,
Hi and thanks for your review. We're really glad that you enjoyed the guided tours and appreciate your constructive feedback. The loading issue you are describing sounds like your device may have been trying to open a new section on the app. For best results we recommend opening new content for the first time while connected to a strong internet connection. We hope this helps improve your experience as we work to make this function even better in future releases.
Map inaccurate 06/08/21
You still need to update some of the pins on the map. Some are missing and last I checked “Beaver Pond” was not a National Park.
Every attempt takes me to a “Page Not Found” Error 404. Really want this app to work… I’m rooting for it but it’s crap currently.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we're sorry to hear that you encountered this issue while using the app. A 404 error usually indicates that the page you are trying to open requires an internet connection. In the next update, we hope to change the onscreen message to better reflect this information. Thanks for using the app and for reporting this issue.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Parks Canada
- 108.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 Parcs Canada / Parks Canada