Pocket Casts is the world's most powerful podcast platform, an app by listeners, for listeners.Our podcast player provides next-level listening, search and discovery tools. Find your next obsession with our hand curated podcast recommendations for easy discovery, and seamlessly enjoy your favorite shows without the hassle of subscribing.
Here's what the press has to say:
Wired: "Pocket Casts Is the Podcast App Every iPhone User Needs"
iMore: "Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for iPhone"
With a unique set of simple yet powerful features and a limitless podcast database, you're sure to find something you love.
WE SWEAT THE DETAILS
Design: Easily listen to, manage and find new podcasts.
Themes: Whether you're a dark or light theme person we've got you covered. We even have you OLED lovers covered with our Extra Dark theme.
Universal: Custom but familiar iPad interface, supporting Slide Over, Split View and Picture in Picture.
Everywhere: CarPlay, AirPlay, Chromecast and Sonos. Listen to your podcasts in more places than ever before.
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows. Sign in and have that Up Next queue sync to all your devices.
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours.
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x.
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise.
Stream: Play episodes on the fly.
Chapters: Jump between chapters easily, and enjoy embedded artwork that the author has added (we support MP3 and M4A chapter formats).
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio.
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals.
Apple Watch: Control playback from our Apple Watch app, adjust the volume or change playback effects, all without ever touching your phone.
Sleep timer: We'll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head.
Airplay & Chromecast: Send episodes straight to your TV or speakers with a single tap.
Sonos: Browse and play your podcast collection directly from the Sonos app.
CarPlay: When you're in the car, so are we.
Sync: Subscriptions, Up Next, listening history, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web.
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day.
Notifications: We'll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like.
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback.
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes.
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed.
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories.
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing.
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time.
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.
Does Pocket Casts go to 10? You bet your sweet little bippy it does. I know you're all desperately waiting for our 7.11 release so you can make convenience store jokes, but in the meantime:
- We've added multi-select to episode lists throughout the app. You can now long press on any episode to perform bulk actions like archiving or downloading and more! You can also use built in drag with two fingers gesture to start a multi-select operation if you're feeling extra-dextrous.
- The above actions are re-orderable so you can keep your favourite 2 up front and handy at all times
- You can also long press while in multi-select mode to be given the option of selecting all the episodes above or below the current one
- Try it out and let us know what you think!
- Why is each of the above it's own bullet point? I don't know, force of habit!
- We've slightly tweaked the design of the podcast page to make common functions easier. You can now show and hide archived episodes with a single tap and this setting is now per podcast. We know a lot of you have asked for that, and it's here!
- There's also a new setting under General where you can choose whether you'd like to see archived episodes by default, changing this will also give you the option of changing it for all your current podcasts
- As always we've fixed and improved various other small things throughout the app
- Bullet points are your friends, people!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Could have Been 5 stars, but…
So, I just moved my podcast listening to this app and I love it. I would have given it 5 stars, but there’s one significant problem. The app on the Apple Watch doesn’t work when the watch isn’t connected to the iPhone. All it does is control the playback on the iPhone.
Usability nightmare... for no good reason
I’ve used pocket casts for years as a paying customer, and loved it — until the redesign. Now the most simple things, like marking an episode as “played”, require confusing gestures and interactions. I’ve counted at least three distinct ways to mark something as “played”, all available in different contexts. Swipe this way, no, that way, oh wait, no, it’s the other way. It’s a complete nightmare. Interacting with this app is now like trying to find your way through a maze in complete darkness. If that wasn’t bad enough it also freezes, crashes, and syncing is often unreliable. The previous version was fantastic — it was my favourite app. Now I despise it. I’m furious at the developers for ruining something that was so great. Such a disappointment.
Redesign is difficult
The app seems quite complicated and but intuitive anymore.
- Podcast Media, LLC
- 101.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Podcast Media LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Plus Monthly $1.29
- Plus Yearly $12.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.