Loved by creative pros and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering 100s of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine — Procreate has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, the train, the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- Continuous auto-save — never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
- Over 100 customisable settings for every brush
- Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Colour without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette colour panels
- Import colour profiles for colour matching
- Assign Colour Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline and stabilisation smooth out strokes for beautiful calligraphy and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Accessibility features:
- Advanced stroke stabilisation
- Dynamic Type, VoiceOver and Feedback Sounds
- Assignable single finger gestures
- Colour naming
• Animation and Page Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with customisable onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Sketch page-by-page concepts or begin a comic with Page Assist
- Import, edit and share PDFs
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a shorter 30-second Time-lapse on your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
This update is to keep your Procreate experience running smoothly - at any window size. We've also taken this opportunity to include general improvements and bug fixes.
• Display Zoom will no longer create misaligned strokes on 3D models and in Brush Studio.
• Very long Time-lapses have caused some trouble in the recording and should behave better now.
• Display P3 won't show up as Unnamed anymore.
• Crop and Resize in Light Interface will now visually behave the same as you are used to from our Dark Interface.
• We're including improvements for our users working with a mouse or trackpad.
• We've polished some areas of our translated languages.
• Added improvements to ABR import.
• We've made the importing of incompatible 3D models better and you will now see a message that points you towards the areas of the model that may cause problems.
• Logitech Crayon can draw properly again.
If you haven't seen our brand new Procreate Beginners Series yet, we've added it to the Help section of your Actions Menu. Go check it out!
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Great app. Missing key features.
This app is phenomenal to use until you want to add text to the image. I’m trying to design some labels and there is no in app way to add text outside of drawing it.
Great App For All Level Artists
This is a great app, I bought it today and coming from a Wacom tablet, I prefer this. It is easy to use and has great tools for art. Here are some pros and cons
Lots of tools varying from drawing, inking and sketching.
Inexpensive but it does not show it in the software
No lag at all
You can zoom in and out to do very great detail
Upload images to copy from as a reference image
Lots of colours, also if you need an exact colour, put the colours number into the software and it lets you use that colour
I thought long and hard but I cannot think of a con. Only thing I recommend is getting a cheap $12 stylus from a electronic store or staples which is more comfortable.
Thank you pro create for this amazing app! I have been creating lots of great art work with it. Also, thank you for making it affordable!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 598.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.