Go for a run with voice navigation guiding you along the way, or take on a virtual race. RunGo is the running app that gives directions.
Looking to find or create and follow a running route? Hands down, the easiest way to stay on track and enjoy your run is customized, turn-by-turn voice navigation.
RunGo is the most popular running app featuring turn-by-turn voice navigation, with over 400,000 routes worldwide across 171 countries, including thousands of verified routes, like race courses, city tours, unique adventures, and virtual races.
Stay engaged with voice messages about landmarks you pass, local stories, or an encouraging reminder that you're halfway there.
Turn any route in an engaging, voice-guided tour!
It's 2020: you're probably beyond trying to memorize every turn, printing out maps, checking your phone’s map every block, or never doing anything new!
RunGo also tracks your run stats like time, pace, distance, elevation, and estimated finish time.
We proudly include no ads in the app, and a paid premium upgrade is available for additional features.
Featured by Apple to "Run New Routes Wherever You Are,” “Walk to Get Fit,” “Run Your First 5K,” and "Unleash the Power of Apple Watch."
WHAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU SAY
“Only running app with turn-by-turn directions… 30+ turns on new roads that I wasn’t about to memorize.” -iPhone user review
“RunGo was a great way to get a feel of the areas and feel more secure running by myself.” -Jess
NEW: SIMULATE RACES IN VIRTUAL MODE
Run famous races and bucket list routes from your treadmill, with voice-guided messages as you imagine running the course. Immerse even deeper by automatically following street view images as you progress through the course. Or run outdoors, and simulate running a course from across the world.
NEW: CHALLENGE YOURSELF WITH VIRTUAL RACES
Virtual races keep us motivated all year round. Follow courses with custom voice messages as you run, including stories about landmarks and neighbourhoods, motivational points, and race highlights. Submit in-app to the race’s leaderboard for accurate results.
WHEN YOU TRAVEL
Running is the best way to explore a city when you travel! With routes around the world, curated by passionate locals showing off the best of their city and by RunGo’s hotel partners, you can enjoy your run at your own pace with voice navigation to keep you on track.
WHY VOICE NAVIGATION?
Voice navigation allows you to follow complex routes effortlessly. Explore routes with clear voice directions as you approach each turn, and get notified when you go off route. RunGo is Accessible and supports VoiceOver for visually impaired users.
BUILD YOUR OWN ROUTES
Map out custom routes right on your iPhone, or import a GPX file to RunGo. Any routes you create on the web route creator will also appear on your iPhone.
RunGo Live lets friends and family track your runs and races in real time on any web browser.
With RunGo’s Apple Watch app, get turn-by-turn directions and haptic notifications on your wrist, and run complex routes without needing your iPhone.
RunGo uses HealthKit for Heart Rate data with the Apple Watch and to record workout data to the Health app.
You can subscribe and pay through your iTunes account. Payment is charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account is charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the initial monthly or annual cost. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription, where applicable. More information at rungoapp.com/legal
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- Easier to submit your run to races! If you participate in an event (real, hybrid, or virtual), you'll get a friendly reminder at the end of the run, plus even less fields.
- Share image preview: see the images you can create from your run, including race banners for participating events.
- Improved Virtual Modes for more fun running routes remotely or from your treadmill.
- And more bug and stability fixes.
- Fix for Routes issue on Apple Watch
Ratings and Reviews
Wow. I was using the other popular one for years. I like the voice feedback while I listen to music. Then, I was about to go on vacation and did not want to get lost. That other one cannot do turn by turn. It works perfectly and is free!!!
Love this app!
Has really helped inform and motivate my training. I especially love using it when travelling. Awesome to be able to select from among tried and try routes and to take out the insecurity and guesswork. Thank you!!
Basics are good, but needs work
Two important features will give a five-star review:
- once you make a route it’s impossible (or very un-obvious) how to edit it. I make the route from a hotel room, not knowing the city. When I’m on the ground I see better ways to go — should be easy to modify
- along with my last point: after running a route and diverging from the course, we should be given an option to UPDATE the route to reflect how we actually ran.
Other feature requests:
- make the route designing interface easier to use! I have a lot of trouble drawing the path
- once we’ve run the route a few times (three) the vocal indications can be shortened: turn left, turn right etc.. no need to take 15s mispronouncing street names in a foreign language.
Overall I like the app, these features will give a five star rating
Developer Response ,
You can edit your routes by going to the routes.rungoapp.com website. We are in the process of developing a new route creator. I will also see if after running a route you have created if we can resave or update it as a new route. It's also best to send any requests to firstname.lastname@example.org since those get seen faster than reviews. There is also an option to turn off street names in the settings.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Leaping Coyote Interactive Inc.
- 125.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Leaping Coyote Interactive Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.79
- Yearly Subscription $14.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.