Designed for iPhone
The SafeTTC App offers Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) customers a quick and discreet method for reporting harassment, safety concerns or suspicious activity directly to the TTC’s Transit Control Centre. Using this app, customers can do their part to help make transit safer for all by providing detailed reports of incidents and situations that are observed on the TTC system – whether on a vehicle, in a station or at a bus or streetcar stop.
From the app home screen, customers have two easy options for contacting Transit Control:
- The “Report a Problem” button allows users to send text and photos or videos directly to Transit Control. When reporting an issue, customers can select from easy drop-down menus for vehicle type (bus, streetcar or subway), route numbers, and station locations, and report categories to assist Transit Control in assessing the situation.
* The “Call Police” button will connect customers directly to 9-1-1 dispatch and should only be used when emergency police, fire or medical assistance is required.
The application is designed with the subway in mind. If you send a report in an area without cellular connectivity, it will be stored and sent automatically as soon as you’re connected again. The system is also designed to send text before pictures so that Transit Control receives reports as quickly as possible.
Customers can also receive alerts (sometimes called BOLO – Be On the Look Out) through the app. For example, SafeTTC may display information about a missing person, such as their description, picture and where they were last seen. If you have information related to an alert, users can contact or send a report to Transit Control through the app.
NOTE: Sending a report through this app will not summon emergency responders. Always call 9-1-1, either through the app or on your phone, in the event that emergency police, fire or medical assistance is required.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be a good feature to be able to add notes when sending the report and remove the sound of the camera when taking pictures. People may like to sent tips anonymously, great TTC app though.
You can write a report, give every detail and even a photo of a perpetrator and NOTHING will be done. I have been threatened, refused disabled seating and yelled at by lunatics on the TTC, sent complete reports and have never heard a thing. This app is a way the TTC white shirts and the city can pretend they have done something when they have done nothing at all. You are better off to e-mail customer service.
Useless without wifi
Would be more useful if didn’t require wifi.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Elerts Corporation
- 19 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © ELERTS Corp