SafetyAware is a work-alone safety support tool that connects you with a monitoring centre - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using the GPS receiver in your device, SafetyAware logs your location and links it with your device ID and company profile at the monitoring center. Simply tap the screen to check-in, set your end-of-shift time, set a safety timer for hazardous situations, request assistance, or trigger an alert.
1. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
2. SafetyAware requires a subscription to an authorized Gemini monitoring center.
When logged-in with SafetyAware, your device appears in the list of active devices at the monitoring center. A help request sent from your device or a missed safety check-in triggers an alert. The monitoring center will call you to determine the situation and follow up according to your company's procedures.
If your GPS or server connections are compromised, tap a button to call the monitoring center directly and give them your details.
When SafetyAware is running, your GPS position is updated and logged at the monitoring center, so that if you do have trouble on the job, your last known location is always available.
MANUAL LOCATION ENTRY:
You have the added option of entering a location manually, in case your GPS signal is ever compromised, as it might be inside a building.
The safety timer requires input from you at defined intervals to keep it from triggering an alert. Input can be any movement of the device beyond a set distance or a tap of the screen when stationary for a long period. The application notifies you when it's time to check-in, and triggers an alert if you are overdue. The check-in reminder (safety timer) interval is determined by your organization. If allowed, it can be turned on or off, depending on your needs.
SIGN OFF TIMER:
The Sign Off timer runs throughout your shift. It is completely configurable and can be changed depending on the circumstances. The application notifies you when your shift is about to end, and triggers an alert if you are overdue.
Lets you set a countdown timer and add comments when you are about to enter a potentially unsafe situation. Simply cancel the timer when you are finished or edit it to extend the time. Expiry of your timer triggers an alert.
Limitation: iPhone 4 (3.5-inch display) is not supported in terms of UI.
Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Glitches all the time. Can’t see settings in Dark Mode. Now they’ve upped it to check in every 3 hours it’s even worse. It’s supposed to detect when you’re driving but somehow isn’t smart enough to extend your checkout timer if you’re driving home.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the comment. You raise three important points that I would like to address.
1) The settings in Dark Mode issue is a bug that we will address right away -- thanks for drawing that to my attention.
2) Regarding the check-in timer set to 3 hours, this is a configuration setting tied to your client, and in general is set by company policy. If you feel this interval is set in error, please submit a ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into this for you.
3) Regarding the check-in timer expiring while driving, we do indeed have a different check-in timer interval that is automatically applied while driving, set by company policy. Commonly this is more frequent than the standard timer, due to the increased hazards associated with driving. Your phone reports your location regularly to the system, and you will automatically be checked in if successive reported locations are significantly different. However, in areas of poor cell coverage or poor GPS reception, this location reporting may not be successful, and you could miss your check in while driving. In general, this behaviour can be improved by adjusting the driving check-in timer and the location reporting frequency. If you feel you are experiencing this problem, please send an E-mail to email@example.com and we will look into it for you.
Again, I appreciate the feedback, and look forward to helping you improve your user experience with SafetyAware.
Worst thing I ever used in my life
Use this app for work
By far the best app I have used for working alone. Would be nice if they eased up on the battery life consumption though.
- Aware360 Ltd
- 11.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Aware360 Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.