Slack brings team communication and collaboration into one place so you can get more work done, whether you belong to a large enterprise or a small business. Tick off your to-do list and make progress on your projects by bringing the right people, conversations, tools and information you need together. Slack is available on any device, so you can find and access your team and your work whether you’re at your desk or on the go.
Use Slack to:
• Communicate with your team and organise your conversations by topic, project or anything else that matters to your work
• Message or call any person or group within your team
• Share and edit documents and collaborate with the right people, all in Slack
• Integrate the tools and services you already use into your workflow, including Google Drive, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana, Twitter, Zendesk and more
• Easily search a central knowledge base that automatically indexes and archives your team’s past conversations and files
• Customise your notifications so you stay focused on what matters
Scientifically proven (or at least rumoured) to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We hope you’ll give Slack a try.
Having trouble? Please contact email@example.com
• Fixed: @-mentioning a user in some languages caused that mention to show up twice. In any language, one mention per message is enough.
• Fixed: Translations for @channel and @here were broken in non-English languages. They now work once more in those languages, and continue to work in English. Just remember, everyone — if you’re going to @channel, please @channel responsibly.
• Fixed: Attempting to send a message that exceeded the character limit would show an error, and then delete all of the entered text. This was both hard to trigger (those limits are high!) but very frustrating. The limits still exist, but we now no longer clear everything in the message box.
• Fixed: After leaving a workspace, some users were unable to convince that workspace to leave their sidebar. It will now, gracefully, take its leave when asked to.
• Fixed: Trying to sign up with a password too similar to your email address resulted in a message that simply read “Error joining team”. We still want you to have a good password… but that error message will now be clearer about pointing that out.
• Fixed: It came to pass that typing, pasting, or otherwise entering a large amount of text into the app (the app in this case meaning “the Slack app”, hereafter referred to as “the app”) might cause that app to undergo issues that would take on the appearance of disappearance or dissolution or, in common parlance, it would appear to crash, and need to be restarted. This abdication of our sworn responsibility to take messages of differing length, from the very shortest (eg “k.”) to the very longest (albeit with an error explaining the imposed character limits of messages and the need to curtail said message), was careless, if not derelict, in our duty, and we have thereby rectified it with an application of technological code that will forthwith allow the entering of large amounts of written matter in the message box of Slack, the app, without risk of unexpected app closure, thus giving free rein to the celebrated verbosity and eloquence of our users in allowing them to enter as large an amount of text as their heart desires, albeit with the expectation that one too long may result in the error message listed several items (perhaps screens?) above this one. TL;DR: The app was previously sometimes crashing like we had some kind of problem with long pieces of text. We really don’t.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Do not disturb
Would be nice if Slack can detect I’m driving and be able to change my Status accordingly.
Good, with a few annoyances
I wish read messages persisted between the desktop and iOS apps. I’ll view them on my PC, yet still get the number badge on the app icon until I open it (at which point it updates). The Background App Refresh settings don’t appear to make any difference.
Best messaging app for teams period.
Nothing beats slack for small business and team communication.
- Slack Technologies, Inc.
- 157.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Slack Technologies
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.