◉ "The Best TaskPaper app for iOS" — Macdrifter
◉ "Excellent Task Manager"— Cult of Mac
◉ “Taskmator, a powerful TaskPaper client for iPhone and iPad, has received full Reminders Integration” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
◉ "Taskmator is really neat and great" —Merlin Mann
◉ "I love using the TaskPaper format, with TaskPaper on Mac and Taskmator on iOS" —Brett Terpstra
Taskmator ( Next-Generation of renowned task management app called TaskPaper ) takes full advantage of iOS technologies, gives you speedy, powerful tools that let you more productive.
• Based on the open source code of TaskPaper for iOS.
• Type your lists into Taskmator and each line is quickly formatted into a Project, Task, or Note.
• Apple Reminders Integration.
• In-built Files App Integration.
• Local Notifications.
• Live Search with Saved Filters.
• Dropbox Sync API V2.
• Touch ID/ Face ID support.
• Document Picker Support.
• Custom Task Symbol.
• Colored Tags, Tags Suggestion, Links Detections, Tag Formatting.
• Print with custom task symbol.
• Full Screen Mode. Scroll Headings to have more space.
• Organize notes, tasks, or projects by tags.
• Support Outlining. Drag & Drop items from another app and vice versa.
• TextExpander (TETouch Snippet Expansion) support.
• Re-use a file on a single tap. Little expensive method.
• Review all your projects using "Go to Project.." feature.
• URL Schemes.
• Customize extended keyboard keys, themes, dark mode, fonts, colors.
• Approx. 150 beautiful fonts are available.
If you have any questions/ suggestions/ issues related to Taskmator then please contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on twitter (@Taskmator)
- Lot of deprecated apis are updated
- General bug fixes and enhancements
Please leave a nice review (or spread the word) if you like Taskmator. It really helps!
If you have any questions/ issues/suggestions then please contact me via email (email@example.com) or on twitter (@taskmator)
Have a wonderful time ahead!
Ratings and Reviews
Kind of a mess but the best app for TaskPaper documents on iOS
This app was solid and at its core (the editing experience) it still works well. However the relatively recent addition of iCloud document integration turned Taskmator into a user interface and user experience train wreck in my opinion. The iCloud document management feels like it was duct taped on top of the existing app rather than smoothly integrated. I’ve emailed feedback to the developer.
Sometimes you are in iCloud document UI, sometimes you are in the “old” Taskmator document UI. The hierarchy/navigation between these two completely different modes is unclear and for me it’s really hard to build mental models around this app now. I honestly dread having to work with TaskPaper docs on my phone now, it’s pretty sad.
Having said all that, I haven’t found any better options. Hoping a future update will restore Taskmator to its former glory while maintaining iCloud document integration. I really worry about the usability of the latest versions of this app, for existing users and especially for new users.
You can’t navigate with the keyboard! Tasks just vanish.
This app is not in the spirit of the original Taskpaper. You can’t even navigate up and down in your tasks using the keyboard! The point of Taskpaper is that it is just simple text. Taskmator is difficult to navigate. You have to double tap on a task to start editing it. A single tap selects the entire row There is no way to begin editing by using the keyboard.
Also while writing this review, I switched back and forth to Taskmator. Each time I did, the tasks in my document disappeared until I left the document and went back in. And a couple times they disappeared while I was in the app. They just vanish! And then the document is empty... Undo does nothing.
So it seems like there are syncing issues that make this app totally unusable.
Was a pretty good app ...
... then it appears someone new took over development - or meds are failing - and app development went sidewise. The interface and file access became so messed up I had to delete it. I still wonder what the heck is going on, such a weird departure from the great vector it was on ...
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.