“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request an Uber, reserve a carshare, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time*
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) View transit schedules and route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and surge) for nearby Ubers, and book in two taps.
10) View availability and book cars with Communauto and other local car-share services.
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Calgary (Calgary Transit*)
Edmonton (Edmonton Transit*, St. Albert Transit, Strathcona County Transit, Pogo)
Halifax (MetroTransit*, CarShareHFX)
Kamloops (BC Transit)
Kelowna (BC Transit)
Kingston (Kingston Transit*)
London (London Transit)
Montréal (STM*, RTL, STL*, AMT*, Ville de Sainte-Julie, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, CITs, Bixi, Auto-mobile, Communauto)
Ottawa/Gatineau (OC Transpo*, STO*, VRTUCAR)
Saskatoon (Saskatoon Transit*)
Thunder Bay (Thunder Bay Transit*)
Toronto (TTC*, GO Transit, YRT*, Guelph Transit, Hamilton Street Railway*, Brampton Transit*, MiWay*, Burlington Transit*, Oakville Transit, Durham Region Transit, Bike Share Toronto)
Vancouver (TransLink*, False Creek Ferries)
Waterloo (Grand River Transit*)
* Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in 50+ other cities worldwide including:
HELLLOOOO LOS ANGELES!!!!!
We were just picked to be the official app of LA Metro. How cool is that??? (Answer: definitely cooler than the hot pepper pizza in our 5000°F industrial oven.)
Being LA Metro’s official app means that more Angelenos will get to enjoy the perks of Transit’s green mobility machine: better data, more seamless multimodal connections, and faster implementation of new Transit features (like station entrances, which are already live for LA’s Metro Rail.)
Together, we’ll do LA proud, making sustainable transport more accessible, legitimately fun, and help take cars off the road in the car capital of ze world.
And if that wasn’t enough — we were also picked to be the official app of RideKC in Kansas City! Two bits of very good news, in what has been an otherwise very crazy last two months…
Now, as more of you return to public transit (and it’s okay if that’s going to take a while!) we’re coding up a ten-finger frenzy, trying to make Transit perfect. And you know what that means… (New features? Yes. But also… BUG FIXES!)
- New feature 1: you can now buy bus tickets in Transit for GET Bus in Bakersfield, CA!
- New feature 2: walking directions are now available for super short trips. (Instead of just saying: “your destination is 2 minutes away” without giving any directions, we now show you where to go.)
- Bug fix 1: why were random distant transit agencies appearing on your settings page??? (The transit agency in Burlington, VT is now no longer visible in Montreal. Bernie Sanders, we’re very sorry.)
- Bug fixes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6: barely noticeable. Except to us.
There’s nothing more to say, for now. Other than: we love you. (In lieu of a postcard, please send your hellos in five-star form. Your reviews always make our day.)
Oh PS! Say hi on twitter @transitapp
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Whether you’re commuting to work, or hopping a metro in a new city, Transit is your indispensable guide to public transit systems, car- and bike-share services, and more. In addition to live trip-planning updates, Transit will tell you when to leave and give exact step-by-step directions to get you where you need to go.
Thanks to this app, I won’t seem like a tourist in my own city :’)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I don't know what the reasoning was for this massive UI overall, but the app is practically useless in Toronto now.
The arrival times are now wrong, it's not intuitive to determine which route is heading in which direction unless you're already intimately familiar with the route you're travelling on, and this new trip planner feature isnt worth using because any sane person is already using Google Maps.
This was practically perfect before: you could see all the routes, the timing was accurate, and it was clear which buses/streetcars were headed in which direction. It was also amazing to use this while travelling out of town because I could figure out exactly where I was going with ease.
Why did you have to go and ruin a good thing by saddling it with your latest "update"? #rollbacktopreviousversion
- 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- 148.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Transit App
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.