This is the official DhammaOrg iOS mobile App for Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, an Art of Living. Vipassana is the process of self-purification by self-observation. One begins by observing the natural breath to concentrate the mind. Then, with a sharpened awareness, one proceeds to observe the changing nature of body and mind and experiences the universal truths of impermanence, suffering and egolessness. This truth-realization by direct experience results in mental purification.
The technique of Vipassana Meditation is taught at 10-day residential courses during which participants learn the basics of the method, and practice sufficiently to experience its beneficial results. There are no charges for the courses - not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit.
Courses are given in numerous Meditation Centers and at Non-Center course locations. Each location has its own schedule of courses. In most cases, an application for admission to these courses can be completed online using this App. There are numerous Centers currently in operation and more in development around the world, including Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.
Features of this App
- Learn more about Vipassana Meditation.
- Find locations near you that offer Vipassana Meditation courses from a complete worldwide listing or map of over 300 locations spread across 80+ countries.
- Locate Vipassana Meditation courses using search criteria such as dates, regions, and instruction languages.
- Apply and register to attend a Vipassana Meditation course.
- Download or listen online to audio resources in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses and instructions for Mini- Ānāpāna meditation.
- Stream videos in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka, Documentaries about Vipassana for adults and children, Vipassana for business executives and Vipassana in prisons, and a Mini-Ānāpāna Introduction and Practice.
- One hour group sitting recordings in 25+ different languages.
- Play group sitting recordings with an option to log your daily sittings. All logged data is only stored locally on your device.
- Turn on group sitting counter to join and see how many Old Students are currently meditating.
- Find information about group sittings and other events hosted near you or hosted online.
- Additional audio resources, including discourses for Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta, 1/2/3-day, and 7-day teenager courses; Morning Chantings and Dohas for 10-day courses; Special Chantings; Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka; Pāḷi Training; and Gong Sounds.
- Additional video resources, including Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta Discourses, Benefits of Dhamma Service, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka for Old Students and Dhamma Servers, and Special Chantings in the Gem Set in Gold.
- A wealth of written resources including the Old Student Guide, Course Formalities and Pāḷi Passages, Group Sittings Chantings, the 10-Day Discourse Summaries, Glossary of Pāḷi Terms, FAQs about doing a Self Course, information about the Chain of Teachers in this Tradition, information about Dhamma Service, and Dāna.
- bug fixes
- UI adjustments
Bewertungen und RezensionenAlle anzeigen
My Logbook :( please help !!
Hey guys the logging is somehow disabled:(
I tap on ‚more‘ (bottom-Right) select the settings - enable the log settings and still I’m getting the same info that the logging is disabled .... I’ve tried it today ~ 100times..
Please help !!!!!
Problem on iPhone XS (256gb)/iOS 13.3.1
App version 1.4 (5)
Dear Pavuloniusz ,
Apologies for the issue faced.
Logbook is working for past versions.
Major update of the app version 2.0 is available. Please download from app store.
If you still see this or any other issue please feel free to contact app-support from More | About | Contact us.
Thanks & Regards,
Leider auf Polnisch
Hallo die App ist mit Sicherheit spitze. Allerdings bei mir auf Polnisch und deshalb nur zwei Sterne. Ich finde auch nicht eine Einstellmöglichkeit.
Dziękuję za recenzję. Wiemy, że niektóre tłumaczenia są niekompletne w języku polskim i pracujemy nad ich naprawą.
Jesteśmy zespołem wolontariuszy i prosimy o cierpliwość.
Ustawienia znajdują się w menu Więcej / Menu główne -> Informacje -> Ustawienia.
Proszę napisz do nas wsparcie mobilnej aplikacji „na” dhamma.org, jeśli masz jakieś inne sugestie.
Z najlepszymi życzeniami,
Zespół wsparcia mobilnego Dhamma.org
(Przetłumaczone za pomocą Tłumacza Google - proszę wybaczyć wszelkie błędy)
Kills the battery
This an excellent app for meditation. The problem is that when you play a downloaded 65 min meditation and play it (no streaming, wifi and cell off) it uses 20% or more of the battery ☹️ Please fix this 🙏🏼 I’ll give five stars. I mean playing an hour of music takes barely 1%! Why is a one hour downloaded meditation taking 20%???
We are sorry to hear that you are facing issues with battery drain - we have not encountered this issue before and have thousands if users every day. We would love to debug this issue and fix it so that you and potentially others will benefit from it.
It will be great if you can send us the following information - your phone model, iOS version,
and Version of the Dhamma.org app - you can get this in the app -About->About this App->Scroll to the bottom of the page
Please email us mobile-app-support "at" dhamma.org
2. Android/iOS details - which version are you running - you can get this information in your phone's settings
3. The Version of the Dhamma.org app - you can get this in the app -About->About this App->Scroll to the bottom of the page
The Dhamma.org Mobile Support Team
- SAYATGYI U BA KHIN MEMORIAL TRUST OF MASSACHUSSETS, INC
- 107.8 MB
- Gesundheit und Fitness
Erfordert iOS 10.0 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone, iPad und iPod touch.
Englisch, Französisch, Gujarati, Hindi, Italienisch, Koreanisch, Marathi, Niederländisch, Polnisch, Portugiesisch, Spanisch, Telugu, Tradit. Chinesisch, Tschechisch, Vereinf. Chinesisch
- © Sayagyi U Ba Khin Memorial Trust of Mass., Inc.
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.