MonkeyMind is the shortcut-driven to-do list for your Mac's Menu Bar. Whenever you are in deep work mode, simply hit the shortcut and, just like in Spotlight, type away and press enter. The entry will get added to the menu bar list and you can deal with it later.
These are MonkeyMind's main features:
- The shortcut task entry: hit the customisable shortcut, type away, hit enter - and get back to work. It will automatically get added to MonkeyMind.
- Super simple task list right in your menu bar: Check off tasks, copy them to another app, or simply delete them once your done.
- Custom shortcut: you can set any shortcut you want and it will work system-wide. Just make sure it does not collide with any other Mac system shortcut.
- Optional auto-deletion of checked off tasks. So you don't accumulate a gazillion tasks.
- Super lightweight and Swift-native on the Mac. It can run in the background without any issues.
MonkeyMind is the perfect scratchpad for your mind. A place for your brain dumps. Or for whatever else.
So why could you care about MonkeyMind? Here's the longer pitch:
Deeply focused work is one of life's greatest pleasures. A sanctuary, out of which one emerges with tremendous satisfaction and meaningful progress.
But deep work is also under constant assault from distractions. The outside world is armed with coworkers, notifications and highly addictive applications, constantly trying to get your attention. Shutting these out is not easy, but society is slowly embracing to a workspace with less outside distractions.
There is another opponent, one that is far more resilient - and a lot closer: your brain.
Brains love dopamine. Always longing for the next hit and willing to do whatever it takes to get it. Your brain is the enemy from within.
Other unrelated ideas and distracting thoughts, not relevant to your actual work, constantly pop up in your mind. And they all seem enticing, with a promise if instant gratification, a quick hit of dopamine, more seductive than continued focus on your work. That's the monkey mind doing it's thing, full speed ahead, always lazy and unwilling to work.
Your job is to tame the monkey mind.
Those unrelated ideas and distracting thoughts: Get them out. Promise the monkey you'll reconsider them later, but get them out. And get back to work.
Introducing MonkeyMind for Mac.
A place to put whatever pops up in your head and then get back to work. Just hit the shortcut, enter whatever is on your mind - and you can review it later.
This is an exciting new update for MonkeyMind that introduces:
- Editing! You can now finally edit entries.
- Hiding completed items. Head to the preferences to select what works best for you.
- A manual way to open the entry window with... a good old button!
Bewertungen und Rezensionen
Great menu bar todo list
Simple todo list right in the menu bar. Can easily add to with a shortcut, just like Spotlight.
Der Entwickler, Benedict Bartsch, hat darauf hingewiesen, dass die Datenschutzrichtlinien der App den unten stehenden Umgang mit Daten einschließen können. Weitere Informationen findest du in den Datenschutzrichtlinien des Entwicklers.
Keine Daten erfasst
Der Entwickler erfasst keine Daten von dieser App.
Die Datenschutzpraktiken können zum Beispiel je nach den von dir verwendeten Funktionen oder deinem Alter variieren. Weitere Infos
- Benedict Bartsch
- 5.2 MB
- Erfordert macOS 10.13 oder neuer.
- © 2020 Benedict Bartsch
- 4,49 €
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.