Rediscover the joy of reading your favorite writers with Unread, an RSS reader with beautiful typography, comfortable gesture-based navigation, and a variety of color themes.
AUTOMATIC WEBPAGE TEXT: For feeds that contain only article summaries, Unread can display the full article text from the webpage. You can switch between feed text and webpage text for any article. You can make webpage text the default for individual feeds. Unread will even analyze your feeds and default to webpage text for those that contain only article summaries.
COLOR THEMES: Unread provides a variety of different color themes. Choose one theme for light mode and another for dark mode.
SYNCING: Unread syncs with your Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, Feedly, Fever, Inoreader, or NewsBlur account.
CACHING: Unread caches webpage text and images for instant loading and offline access. (Subscription required.)
HARDWARE KEYBOARD SUPPORT: Unread's keyboard navigation capabilities and keyboard shortcuts make it a joy to use on an iPad with a hardware keyboard. Unread is also optimized for the trackpad and mouse on the iPad.
READ-LATER SERVICES: Unread provides native support for saving articles to Instapaper, Pocket, and Safari Reading List.
MULTIPLE WINDOWS: Look at two articles side-by-side, or browse an article list while keeping an article open.
SUBSCRIPTION MANAGEMENT: Unsubscribe from feeds, subscribe to new feeds, and reorganize feed subscriptions.
FOOTNOTE POPOVERS: Unread provides convenient popovers for reading footnotes.
ACCESSIBILITY: Unread has 100% VoiceOver coverage. Every screen and every feature is available to users with vision impairments. Actions on articles can be quickly triggered using actions on the accessibility rotor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
“Unread, now developed by Golden Hill Software, is one of the more elegant options based on comfortable gestures and a focused reading experience.”
–Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Unread’s new functionality maintains its support for the latest RSS features, but ensures a pleasant reading experience remains at the forefront of its priorities.”
–Josh Ginter, The Sweet Setup
“Unread is one of my favorite reading apps on iOS.”
–Preshit Deorukhkar, Beautiful Pixels
“All told, Unread 2’s trackpad and cursor support has naturally morphed from the app’s still-great swiping-only navigational system, and, at least in my world, has made Unread as good a desktop RSS processor as it was a comfortable RSS reading app.”
— Josh Ginter, The Sweet Setup
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Unread is free to download and try with reading and feature limitations. To unlock the full power of Unread there is a $19.99 (USD)/year auto-renewing subscription. That subscription adds the following:
• Removal of all reading limits
• Caching of webpage text and images
• A selection of alternative icons
A subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel your subscriptions by going to your account settings on the App Store after purchase.
• This update adds forward-looking hardware compatibility improvements.
• If you have at least one account setup, you can now subscribe to our website’s RSS feed directly from the About screen. Similarly you can now open @unread_app on Twitter via Tweetbot, the Twitter app, or Twitterrific directly from the About screen. Please consider subscribing to our RSS feed or following @unread_app on Twitter to keep up with our latest news.
• Videos now play full-screen on iPad.
• The name of the Group by setting of the Unread Counts widget is now Report by.
• The screen title and activity text no longer appear at the bottom of an Unread window on an iPad when in slide over.
• After tapping on what looks like an image-based button that links to a podcast, Unread will now open the link instead of zooming into the image.
• This update improves formatting of some articles that include tables.
• This update fixes a bug that caused links to code snippets to be removed from sourcediving.com articles.
• This update fixes a bug that allowed horizontal scrolling on some articles.
• This update fixes a bug that prevented two-finger scrolling on a trackpad to scroll across a large zoomed image.
• This update fixes a bug that caused HTML tags to appear in the feed text and summaries of articles from The Independent. This fix will not apply to articles downloaded to the device before installing this update.
• After entering a webpage URL to look for feeds and then tapping a feed to which you are already subscribed, you will now be prompted to edit your subscription, unsubscribe from the feed, or copy the feed link.
• The Cancel and Done buttons have been removed from the bottom of the Add Subscription screen. You can still leave that screen by swiping the screen to the right.
• When VoiceOver is enabled, Unread will no longer add whitespace between areas of the magic tap menu. This should make it easier to locate and tap items on the screen when unable to clearly see them.
• When sharing an article to HEY via the share sheet, the resulting email message will contain only the title and a link to the article.
• This update adds bug fixes and performance improvements around keyboard navigation, drag and drop on iPad, context menu generation, and general navigation.
• This update adds minor bug fixes around split view and slide over on iPad.
Bewertungen und RezensionenAlle anzeigen
Very beautiful, opinionated design.
I really enjoy the automated full article view (no truncated feeds anymore).
Subscription priced fairly.
Great support: I reported a rendering bug concerning a particular RSS feed and the developer applied a server-side fix in less than 24 hours!
Unverschämt teuer mit Abo
Allein für einen Feedreader ein Abo abzuschließen käme für mich nie in Frage. Denn für die eigentliche Leistung wie Dienste wie Feedly oder Feedwrangler zahle ich bereits.
Unfortunately this major update brings little improvement that would justify switching from v1 and it is a significant step backwards in terms of design (non standard UIkit switches) and readability (narrower views). I was skeptical about the change of ownership, since the products of the new owner didn‘t seem to match the polished design Supertop was delivering. I‘m sad to see Unread becoming another mediocre subscription app.
I‘ll use v1 until it stops working and then move on to whichever app is aesthetically pleasing.
Edit: Checkboxes are back to being native UI elements. I gave it a try again, but still the narrow view is too much of a step backwards which holds me back to make the upgrade. I hope for a toggle that let‘s me use the full width of my phone equally to unread v1.
For what it is worth, I just posted an update that replaces the tick boxes with switches for simple on/off settings.
- John Brayton
- 18.5 MB
Erfordert iOS 13.5 oder neuer. Kompatibel mit iPhone, iPad und iPod touch.
- Unbeschränkter Zugang zum Web
- © 2020 Golden Hill Software. All Rights Reserved.
- Annual Subscription 19,99 €
- Free first year 19,99 €
- Discounted first year 19,99 €
Wenn die Familienfreigabe aktiviert ist, können bis zu sechs Familienmitglieder diese App verwenden.