** You'll need a Plex Media Server and an active Plex Pass to use this app **
** From the same people who brought you the Plex app **
** PS - If you’re new to Plex, download the Plex app first **
Plexamp is the answer to the question "what would happen if you gave a handful of Plex music and pixel nerds a few cocktails and free rein to create the app of their dreams?"
Plexamp is a beautiful, dedicated Plex music player with tons of goodies for audiophile purists, music curators, and music fans of all ages looking for their next aural fix.
SUPER AUDIO PLAYER
Loudness leveling, true gapless playback, Sweet Fades™, soft transitions, a configurable preamp, a parametric EQ, and more. Perfection for golden ears, buttery smooth touches for the rest of us. Custom pre-caching so your music keeps playing, because sometimes life brings you through tunnels.
MUSIC TO YOUR EYES
Experience your music collection like you’ve never seen it before, with our UltraBlur backgrounds, over a dozen hypnotic visualizers, and four visual themes to satisfy every taste.
FIND YOUR FIX
Radios built from your library and your cooler friends' collections. Travel through time, pick a style or mood, or listen album-by-album like the purist you are. Use the Mix Builder to explore and craft your perfect blend. Explore your personal charts and see what you were into last Fall or your top albums from the 60s.
Grab a few hours of your favorite playlist or stations with just a few taps. Download a custom mix or artist radio for the plane. Simple but powerful offline support for when you’re in the woods or run out of cellular data.
IT’S THE LITTLE THINGS
Powerful search. Playback activity history. Swipe-up play queue peeking. Fun artist explorations. As many settings and tweaks as our resident UXpert let us add.
ENTERPRISE CLASS CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
Just kidding. It's a music player.
Follow us on Twitter @plexamp
- Add a new Library tab with super-fast lists + alphabet scrolling.
- Refresh downloaded items at app launch.
- Show third line of data in new list view with context for sort.
- Setting to show skip forward/back buttons for music.
- Improved reliability & performance for CarPlay.
- Fix CarPlay Recent Play items for Mix Builder and Charts playback.
- Improved album codec badges.
- Ignore remote media items when computing download set.
- If no tracks download for an item, show error.
- EQ wasn't active on launch even though it appeared to be.
- Tweak album artist sort to order albums chronologically.
- Don't save TIDAL My Mixes to Recent Plays.
- Playlist page was flashing header image every load.
- Request play queues for pre-caching with HTTP compression.
- Crash playing some AAC files.
- Failure to play some AAC files.
- A rare race condition which could result in infinite buffering.
- Fix Aural Fixation issues around incorrect headers.
- Give "Best Of" fixation its own timespan setting.
- Artist track carousel leads to new lists with context line.
- Minimizing and maximizing player led to slowdown.
- Look further ahead when skipping to next album.
- Fix crash when going to artist from some TIDAL tracks.
- Moving item to top in TIDAL playlist didn't work.
- A few reported crashes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love it!
I love it. Please consider adding podcast 🖖✨
Missing support for chrome cast
I have a couple of Chromecast in the house, and have been using the Plex app for playing for a while. I downloaded this Plex amp app. But I’m missing the casting feature for chromecast.
Please add it in a coming update. 🤞
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.