Beat is an elegant screenwriting app with focus on story structure. It has as little distractions as possible to let you concentrate on writing. The app was created by a screenwriter for other screenwriters.
Beat lets you write in a flow. Just start typing and let Beat take care of the formatting.
The app is totally free and open source, and will remain so – most importantly because free creative software can enable new, aspiring artists from different backgrounds. There might a paid "pro" version later in the future to cover up the costs of the development, but the core app will always be free of charge.
- Great outlining tools, such as Timeline and Index Cards
- Uses Fountain files, which means you can open your screenplays in multiple other apps
- Night mode
- Automatic scene numbering
- Auto complete for scene headings and character names
- Final Draft import and export
- PDF export
- Revision/edit tracking
- Easy scene filtering
- Many additional tools, including gender analysis and productivity timer
- Plugin support
* Minor bug fixes
* Plugin API enhancements and fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lauri-Matti Parppei
- 5.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Lauri-Matti Parppei
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.