Explore your DNA with 23andMe. Discover how your DNA connects you to 1500+ geographic regions around the world. Gain insights into your health, traits, and more.
• Ancestry + Traits Service includes Ancestry Composition — covering 1500+ geographic regions — and 30+ Trait reports such as Ability to Match Musical Pitch, Cilantro Taste Aversion, and more.
• DNA Relative Finder allows you to opt-in to connect with other 23andMe customers who share your DNA and ancestors.
• Your Family Tree, automatically built from your DNA relationships, allows you to easily visualize how you’re all related.
• Health + Ancestry Service includes everything in Ancestry + Traits Service plus 60+ additional genetic reports such as Genetic Weight, Muscle Composition, and more.*
Both Services require purchasing a kit and submitting a saliva sample using the collection kit provided. You can log into your account to track the progress of your sample. Once you get your results, open your app to view all your reports.
In the app, you can also choose to answer survey questions and participate in 23andMe research.
Our rigorous standards ensure quality service.
• Our team of scientists and medical experts uses a robust process to develop reports and ensure validity.
• Ancestry percentages are derived from our powerful, well-tested system that provides you with ancestry estimates down to the 0.1%.
*Health + Ancestry Service is available in USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, and Sweden.
Terms of service
UK, IE, FI, DK, SE, NL (https://www.23andme.com/en-eu/about/tos/)
All other countries (https://www.23andme.com/en-int/about/tos/)
Times may be tough, but we don’t have to be alone. The new Family & Friends experience makes it easier to get introduced to your family:
- See all your close relatives at a glance, then keep exploring. Learn about what ancestries you inherited from your parents, and dive into your Family Health History Tree, plus more, all in one hub.
Ratings and Reviews
Great stuff in my opinion
I do not know everything about genetics but I am a computer scientist so I know a little bit about science . And they seems to know a lot . You can also export you genome and get an analysis from another service. The privacy is supposed to be good. Me I am cynical so I jump into that service like aléa jacta est lol and what happens happens concerning the privacy. I jumped also because google backed that company with some investment so I hope some kind of security comes from those guys. And voila I discovered I was Nigeria 42% and 90% African and. 10% whites européan as a french west indiens guy it’s pretty accurate in my opinion . I was expecting Senegal because that’s where the french took the slaves . By the way I am a slaves descent . Yep it’s a service that help me reconnect with Africa . For the European side I already speak the language and live their that’s already a lot of connection lol . So thanks 23 and me for that service very smith and efficient and not expensive compared to what it could have been for all the value . Great execution at scale . Bye
23andme Ancestry update
I was initially baffled at the great number of European cousins appearing on my DNA relatives list, as my genes precluded any European ancestry. The updated analysis by 23andme has partially explained this oddity. I follow with keen interest all the updated information sent by you, and am ready to help with any additional information, as the region I come from, Kurdistan, has been ascribed as the cradle of mankind. My birthplace is close to Sharazur, the first human settlement and cultivation circa 12,000BC. Keep up the good work!
23&Me has outstanding potential. But that’s the issue it’s just waiting to be taken further and explored.
I love the predicted tree, but there’s a limit to how many you can add and there’s an issue with the design.
I like the coloured line idea because it shows easily who you are and are not related to, but the way the lines all show up I often find myself tracing the wrong line when I’m looking for someone in the tree.
A way you could approach this is by using the same kind of square-based portrait design that Ancestry uses, it’s a lot easier to follow.
Too much of the map is on show all of the time and its difficult and time consuming to find people on your tree. To combat this you could show maybe 2 or 3 generations of direct ancestors/descendants and in any one of those generation groupings have arrows (also like ancestry and FamilySearch) for those with children meaning that the direct line is more accessible and so are their immediate families while making sure to limit the unwanted number of family on display.
23&Me has outstanding potential. But that’s the issue it’s just potential at the moment. You’ve conceptualised it now you need to realise it.
Although I love Ancestry and still use it I would prefer to use 23&Me as my main hub but it’s just not there with the fine-tuning.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 23andMe, Inc.
- 90.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 23andMe, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.