Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a free, yet powerful photo editor and camera app. It empowers you to capture and edit stunning images.
EDIT PHOTOS - ACHIEVE YOUR CREATIVE VISION
The world’s best photo-editing tools give you ultimate control. Finesse the details, and make selective adjustments.
• Transform a raw photo into a powerful image with one of the world’s most intuitive photo-editing apps.
• Retouch photos to make them pop. Apply presets, and more.
• Easy-to-use sliders give you control over your photos’ properties.
• Crop and Rotate tools let you find the size and aspect ratio to best show off your camera work.
• Create super-clean shots with straight lines by adjusting the perspective.
• Experiment with versions of photos to compare different edits without losing the original and pick your favourite look.
• Remove almost anything from your photo with just a touch of the Healing Brush.
• Alter hue and saturation with precision to bring your photos to life with Local Hue Adjustments.
• Click on any photo to discover the steps other Lightroom users take to create their final image.
LEARN - BUILD YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY SKILLS FAST
• Get even more control over your photography with raw format and capture modes, such as Professional and HDR.
• Be inspired with interactive tutorials and learn how to use the photo editor.
• Complete step-by-step lessons curated by fellow photographers.
• Learn the basics in no time.
ORGANISE - CURATE AND FIND YOUR BEST PHOTOS
• Create albums with a click.
• Use the photo editor’s handy organisational tools.
• Adobe Sensei harnesses the power of AI to tag and organise your photos.
• Identify people in your photos.
SHARE & COLLABORATE
• Group Albums allow you to collect everyone’s photos in one place.
• Control who has access and what they can see.
• Share your creative process with other users in the Discover section of the app, so they can see how you got from start to finish.
• Photo edits sync seamlessly, so any changes you make are always up to date.
ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD STORAGE:
• Retouch your full-resolution shots and have both originals and edits backed up to the cloud, ready to access anywhere.
• Searchable keywords are automatically applied to help you sort through photos without tagging them.
If you are on an iPad, be sure to download “Adobe Lightroom for iPad”.
Premium (Optional in-app purchase)
The recurring monthly payment is automatically charged to your iTunes account. To stop the service, go to account Settings and turn off auto-renew at least 24-hours before the end of your billing period. Prorating is unavailable — when you turn off auto-renew, the service will continue until the end of that month’s billing period.
Use of Adobe mobile apps and online services requires registration for a free Adobe ID as part of a free Creative Cloud membership. Adobe online services require an Internet connection, are not available in all countries or languages, and may be subject to change or discontinuation without notice.
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome way to align iPhone with LR Classic on Mac
For years now I’ve used Lightroom on my Mac to organise and process photos taken on my DSLR. Every now and again I find that using my iPhone for taking photos is more convenient. You know what they say: the best camera is the one you have with you. Getting photos off my phone at full resolution and into LR was always a pain. I had to use Finder on the Mac to browse to the hidden folder where the full res images were, and then go through them all and find the ones I wanted before importing them and tagging them. No longer!
LR CC on the phone syncs really easily with LR CC and LR Classic on the Mac. It’s a piece of cake. And sometimes, I use the processing facilities on LR CC on the phone, but sometimes I just do all that on the Mac.
And the other awesome thing... capturing raw images using my phone! So if it’s a quick snap in normal conditions and a jpeg will be fine, I use the native iPhone camera. But if the conditions are challenging or it’s a really important image, I’ll use LR CC to take the photo in raw.
Let down by common sense.
There needs to be a thorough rethink in lots of areas of this app. For a start don’t advertise a new feature (lightroom now added to shortcuts) if it doesn’t work! I’ve tried to make a shortcut on both my iPhone and my iPad Pro; each time greeted with: ‘could not run import to Lightroom. An unknown error occurred’.
I use shortcuts regularly so I’m confident in my own handling of it.
Another thing which boggles my mind out of all sense is inability to export DNG to a lossless format from the app. If I want a png or tiff I have to do it on my desktop and airdrop it to my iPad. It’s totally retarded. This needs to change entirely before photoshop is released (if ever) as NO ONE will be prepared to spend hours editing a lossy jpg on their iPad photoshop when they could be doing lossless on desktop.
If I had to characterise the faults of Adobe with one sentence it would have to be: too slow to adapt. You need to seriously realise people are moving to mobile platforms; my 2018 iPad Pro has power that is going wasted because companies like this are dragging their heels and maintaining a desktop only environment.
I hope when photoshop is released these issues have been resolved, I hope this won’t be a token app with no thought behind it, after all affinity photo is pretty much perfect right now, so adobe won’t be able to coast on this.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you've experienced trouble with the shortcut. At this time, we're not able to reproduce the issue so it'd be great if you could reach out to our support team so we can try to troubleshoot. Drop us a line at email@example.com.
We are working on adding in more export options, including lossless export in a coming release.
We do appreciate the feedback and are constantly at work to make the app better and better. /jh
Excellent... but need virtual copy ability
There’s too much to say about this app and its computer version - excellent in so many ways.. I couldn’t do without it.
I reluctantly removed a star for one very important reason: the inability to create virtual copies on the iPhone; this is something that is necessary to making edits on your phone as I feel crippled by the inability to do anything at all to the photos, as I don’t want to ruin already crafted pictures by possibly making wrong decisions on the phone, due to colour rendering on the phone not being ideal.
Being able to make copies would allow experimentation and work to be done on the go without fear and then make fuller edits on a computer with a calibrated screen later.
Adobe is a remarkable software house, with excellent apps that have been important to us for many years and usually listen to us, but this really does let the whole concept of the app down and makes it unusable, to a certain extent. Other upgrade features are simply interesting - not really as necessary as copy abilities.
5 stars and full recommendations would be forthcoming with this important feature otherwise.
- Adobe Inc.
- 214 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Adobe Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Monthly 100GB £4.49
- Lightroom plan 1TB £8.99
- Premium £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.