Adobe Scan is free to download and turns your mobile device into a powerful scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR) and allows you to create, save, and organize your paper documents as a digital file.
Scan anything — receipts, notes, ID cards, recipes, photos, business cards, whiteboards — and turn them into PDF or JPEG files you can work with on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
HOW IT WORKS
• Scan any document and convert to PDF or photo.
• Save and organize your important documents so they are easy to find.
• Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner.
• Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, resize, and adjust color.
• Remove and edit imperfections, erase stains, marks, creases, even handwriting.
• Capture forms, receipts, notes, ID cards, health documents, and business cards and organize into custom folders so they are easy to access and find.
• Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed. You can even highlight expenses on tax receipts with ease.
QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTO LIBRARY
• This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to.
• Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll.
• Turn your scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks text for reuse through automated text recognition (OCR).
• Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit, resize, and reuse in other documents.
SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
• The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text.
DO MORE WITH ACROBAT
• You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections, add comments, fill and sign documents.
• Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned text and content to work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Subscribe for even more scanning power. Subscriptions work across Scan and Reader mobile apps and Acrobat on web.
• Combine scans into one file so you can take multiple scans and consolidate into one document.
• Export PDFs to Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file formats to repurpose or reformat your documents.
• Increase OCR capacity from 25 to 100 pages so that you can find text in multiple scans.
Download the free mobile scanner to convert important photos and documents into PDF and JPEG files to help you stay organized. Adobe Scan is the PDF converter trusted by millions worldwide.
Terms & Conditions:
• Performance and stability.
Have feedback? Contact us at https://www.adobe.com/go/scaniosfeedback
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best free app on iOS for life admin
With just flat surface and a smart phone you have almost all of the functionality of a scanner without having to buy or find space in your home to place one. Using it is admittedly a little slower, and the resultant scan just a little skewed, but for most people the alternative is not scanning at all and losing the paperwork.
Once you set up a naming convention under Settings and create a suitable folder structure in a free cloud space like to Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive, the process is blisteringly quick to both scan but ultimately retrieve when necessary. I scan all paperwork as soon as it comes to the door and I have not had to worry about finding key paperwork for years. Including functionality like automatic OCR (that is text recognition that can be relied upon when searching for a scanned doc), most won’t realise it but Adobe is giving away premium technology for free. As long as it continues to be free, huge kudos to Adobe providing this to the public.
Hmm ... it’s working well *Updated*
As an initial underwhelmed sceptic when the Adobe Scan app first came out I find it is now a simple and efficient scanning solution. Easy and quick to use, it dovetails perfectly well with the Adobe Cloud and integrates with other Adobe apps with little effort. Standard naming suggestions are intuitive, though ‘date’ could do with more flexibility — I can’t scan in the past, and I will not be here in the next century but the format only allows for a 4-figure year YYYY and no YY 2- figure option!
After a while of using it, I’ve found it more useful.
Needs Greek OCR Support, but otherwise great app!
Once this app supports Greek as one of its recognized OCR languages, I will happily upgrade this review to 5 stars.
Love the way this app gives you the ability to crop uneven diagonal edges of the paper to make it straighten itself out. (That feature is wonderful)
One big issue the scan feature currently has though is that it often erroneously auto-crops just parts of the page. (For example, it will often erroneously treat either a fold-line of the paper you're scanning or a spreadsheet gridline section as though it was the exterior borders of the whole page, so many times won't capture the whole page in front of you (even though the camera can clearly see the whole document on the screen). So this app could also do with a way for the user to set where the scannable area starts and finishes (pre-scan), so that we can correct what the app thinks is the whole document whenever it recognizes the wrong sections as the edges of the paper.
Otherwise, this is a great app though! (Definitely the best scanner app for a smartphone I have ever used), so once the above two points have been fixed, I will gladly upgrade my review to the 5 stars it otherwise deserves!
Great work adobe!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Adobe Inc.
- 145.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017-2021 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe Scan Premium £9.99
- Adobe PDF Pack £9.99
- Adobe PDF Pack £87.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.