*** This mobile field guide includes all 871 bird species found in the Guianas covering the countries Suriname, Guyana, and French Guiana. This makes this app the one and only to date bird guide to this region! The content is derived from Bloomsbury's Helm Guide "Birds of Northern South America". Covering 871 species with 3,100 superb illustrations and 2,000 songs and calls. All distinct plumages including all variations and subspecies are illustrated. ***
*** Ornithomedia writes: "Ergonomie agréable et claire" ***
The app is based on the renowned two volume reference work by Robin Restall, Clemencia Rodner, and Miguel Lentino. The creation of apps from the book is a co-production between Bloomsbury Plc and Sunbird Images.
With over half a million downloads and over 100 apps published to date Sunbird Images became the true market leader in mobile field guides in recent years.
SUNBIRD apps have been featured over 300 times by Apple in different countries, and appeared in many magazines, newspapers such as the Times, the Telegraph and described as "incredibly useful" by ITV's Seth Convey and "lovely" by Adam Vaughan of the Guardian.
This app is part of the Sunbird Images BLUE LABEL series. Our BLUE LABEL series are top notch digital field guides which provide the most comprehensive data available for a region or taxon. They stand for completeness including even the very rare species and vagrants which have only been recorded once in a region. Even the rare species are illustrated and described in detail featured with a full species account.
- Includes all 871 bird species of the Guianas occuring in Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana
- Select species of each country seperately
- 3,100 illustrations show all subspecies + geographic, age and sex variants
- Most advanced Compare Mode of any bird app - compare up to 16 species images / songs / maps
- 2,000 bird songs and calls
- Sonograms of all songs + details where songs were recorded
- Detailed distribution maps of Northern South America down to subspecies level
- Introduction contains hints and links on bird watching in the Guianas
- Create sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
- Automatically plots all birds on a map via GPS (editable)
- Make notes for each bird spotted
- A simple id key makes species identification easy
- Sort and display species: A–Z, 6 different languages, taxonomically
Choose between 6 bird name languages:
English, Latin, Spanish, French, Dutch, German
Narrow species down by foot colour, bill shape, tail length etc. leading to the bird searched for plus a choice of similar species. You can also look for fragments of a species name – the search for “finch“ shows all the species which include the word “finch“ in the species’ name.
***A graphically well-designed layout – easy to use with large lettering.***
Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding! The app will be continuously developed further. All updates are free of charge.
Visit our internet support site for more information www.sunbird.tv. We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We missed a few species in the previous version, this has now been corrected. Thanks for your helpful hints!
A few more songs added!
Bug fixed: The app will now start at the point where you were before when you closed the app.
Thanks for also checking out our bird guides for Colombia, Ecuador, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Northern Peru and Northern Brazil!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.