*** Featured – App Store Essentials: Painting & Drawing ***
*** Featured – App Store: Middle School Apps - Art ***
*** Editor's Choice Award – Children's Technology Review ***
"Probably the best animation iPad app we have had the pleasure of using. Like all the best iPad apps, its simplicity is a key strength. Regardless of your skill level DoInk, with its powerful vector tools, key framing and bezier curve editing should keep you entertained for some time to come." – iPadCreative
"… an easy-to-use, fairly powerful… vector based animation experience for the iPad...If you like to introduce a child to the principles of animation, this app is definitely worth the download." – Children's Technology Review
"… incredible app that brings sophisticated graphic arts tools to any child, anywhere." –Teachers with Apps
"one of those amazing apps that really gets the wheels in their brains turning as they try to master this powerful animating tool… for a movie… or presentation at school-be it science or history – Mindleap Tech
Key Features & Benefits:
• easy-to-use, yet powerful vector drawing tools
• simple enough for doodlers, with advanced features for skilled artists
• flipbook-style animating – great for beginning animators
• keyframe animating – graduate to powerful animation techniques
• drag your finger to create motions paths – easy to make sophisticated animations
• make H.264 movies & PNG images – view on your iPad or save to the camera roll
• extensive collection of reusable art "props" (static and animated)
• extensive documentation embedded in the app
• create frame-by-frame animations or single-frame vector artwork
• powerful vector-based drawing tools, with automatic curve smoothing
• paint brush, pen, pencil, and fill tools for freehand drawing
• geometric shape tools (rectangles, ellipses, polygons, stars, flower shapes)
• transform/scale/rotate/arrange tools
• advanced bezier shape editing
• custom color palette
• gradients colors
• drawing layers
• rotoscoping: draw or trace over images and videos
• grouped shapes
• two-finger pan and zoom for precise drawing
• frame "ghosting"
• snap-to-grid, snap-to-paths, snap-to-points
• drag & drop your drawings to place on canvas
• easy-to-use key-framing for timing, position, rotation and scale
• intuitive timeline (similar to iMovie or GarageBand)
• nest compositions within compositions for complex animation effects
• adjustable frame rates, up to 30 fps
• animations rendered in H.264 on your iPad
• drawings rendered to PNG format
• save to the Camera Roll for easy sharing to YouTube, e-mail, etc.
• Support for HD (16 x 9), standard definition (4 x 3), and square (1 x 1) aspect ratios
Created by the team behind www.doink.com, an animation site of 400,000 users worldwide who created 2 million pieces of art, the Green Screen by DoInk app, featured in iTunes as a "Best New App in Education" and Doink Express app for creating animated clips using photos, drawings, art "props", animations and sound.
Please send any suggestions and/or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
Art by Priscilla Alpaugh Cotter http://www.priscillaalpaugh.com
New in version 4.5.4:
• Restored the missing checkerboard pattern in the drawing editor under iOS 12.
• Fixed a bug that made it difficult to use the buttons at the top of the drawing editor's layers popover.
We value your feedback and suggestions, so feel free to get in touch! And our usual friendly reminder… positive reviews in the App Store really help, so if you’re loving the app, please take a minute to let people know how you feel. We really appreciate your support!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Where's the audio recorder?
This app is amazing and the best thing you can get on a iPad! Although the design and layout and drawing tools are extreme quality I find it hard to create proper movies or short animations due to the loss of a voice/audio recorder. If I have missed this tool please could someone inform me because it is really letting the app down. If the app had a audio recorder and the bugs were fixed then I would give it a 5 star rating but the loss of some kind of sound recorder has withdrawn 2 stars.
Many thanks and I hope you fix this soon.
Love this app but
I really love this app beautifully made very intuitive easy to use for anyone my only criticism is the fact that you can’t affect line widths after you’ve drawn them if they could add the ability to retain original line width when enlarging or scaling down images it would be perfect
It’s good, but PLEASE ADD FOLDERS!
This is a very good animation app, but the fact that there are no sort of folders to add things to makes it a bit frustrating, and it hasn't been updated in months! Apart from that it is a very good app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.