The UK’s No.1 marketplace to buy a new or used car, with the largest choice of cars for sale.
Auto Trader puts the best new and used car deals at your fingertips, where you can search over half a million cars from dealers. Read reviews from car owners and experts so you can feel confident you’re getting the best car deals.
FIND NEW & USED CARS FOR SALE
• Search the UK’s biggest choice of cars for sale from private and trade sellers
• Add your post code to search for cars on sale in your local area
• Use advanced filters to search new and used cars, including make, model, price, mileage and more to find your perfect vehicle
BUY A USED CAR
• Know you’re getting great deals on used cars with our new price indicator
• Our free 5-point car history check ensures you can buy with confidence
• Get a part-exchange valuation to start your conversation with a dealer
BUY A BRAND NEW CAR
• Find pre-haggled prices on brand new cars for sale on Auto Trader, with dealer discount displayed upfront.
• Save an average of £3,485 off the RRP on new cars
• See what new cars are in stock at your local dealer so you can find it and buy it today
• Find flexible finance options to make new car costs more affordable
SELL YOUR CAR
• Create an advert in minutes to start selling your used car privately to millions of buyers
• Use our free, online car valuation check to find out how much to sell your used car for.
• Auto Trader has been awarded the ‘Used Car Valuations Provider of the Year’ as voted for by Car Dealer Power 2019
GET THE LATEST DEALS
• Save your favourite used cars all in one place and view from any device
• Receive instant notifications when new motor vehicles match your saved search criteria
• Easily compare cars to buy side-by-side to help you decide
BUY & SELL WITH CONFIDENCE
• For over 40 years Auto Trader has helped millions of people buy and sell their perfect car
• Millions of customers use Auto Trader monthly to find great deals
• Rated 4.6/5 on Trustpilot from over 45,000 reviews
• Rated 4.8/5 on App Store from over 65,000 app reviews
OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE SERVICES
• Compare insurance prices to find great deals when buying car insurance
• Track your cars value and set up reminders to check when your tax, MOT and service are due
AUTO TRADER FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• UK’s No.1 marketplace to buy and sell a used or new car
• Find used cars for sale from a trusted dealer
• Search great deals when buying a brand-new car, available now or made to order from a local dealer
• Get your vehicle on sale in minutes
• Find cars for sale at a trusted dealer. Read reviews when buying from a dealer
• Get peace of mind when buying with our motor vehicle history check
• Our price indicator makes it easy to check the best motor vehicle deals
• Find flexible finance options when buying a car
• Search your perfect motor vehicle with advanced filters, including make, model and dealer postcode
Your feedback counts:
We’re always looking to make things better for our customers so we would love to hear what you think of the app. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us @AutoTrader_UK, or send us a message on Facebook @autotraderuk.
About Auto Trader:
Auto Trader started life as a local classified magazine in 1977 and since then, we’ve grown into a 100% digital business. With over 10 million transactions each year, we’re the UK’s largest digital automotive marketplace. Our goal is to make the process of buying and selling cars easier for consumers, retailers and manufacturers.
*Based on a survey of 5,949 people who have sold cars in the past two years.
Now search for ULEZ compliant vehicles, search by engine power, search by manufacturer approved and view detailed information about electric vehicles.
Ratings and Reviews
Autotrader website makes it SO easy to find cars for sale and sell them
I’ve been using Autotrader to find, buy AND sell my cars privately since the days pre-1990’s when it was a paper magazine only. It’s website is brilliant. The facility to sort and refine your searches then also compare say 4 cars is first class. As far as I’m concerned, and I’ve bought and sold quite a few cars using it in the last thirty years, it’s the business. Plus you can get email alerts on searches for a particular type of car for sale. You can load masses of photos when selling, and if your car is valued below £1,000, then you can advertise UNTIL SOLD, for only a measly £27 ! Amazing value.
One sided app and company !
I must say that in this day and age, where people like to socialise and share opinions this app and company is the exact opposite of that definition. Is it made for the seller or the buyer? My opinion is that the company’s policy is leaning almost 100% towards the sellers and by this I am referring to some of the buyers key freedoms being slashed out. For example why can the buyer seen when a car was put up for sale?( ordered by date posted) Or why can we leave comments on cars? Instead of travelling 100 miles to see a car and be disappointed, I would rather read comments from people who already seen the car.( this makes buying a second hand car a long process ). For example, I am looking at this time to buy my next car and 2 days ago I just traveled 150 miles to visit 3 cars in 5 hours. Thats allot of resources to invest in just 3 cars. All in all, what I am saying is that autotrader is no being customer orientated. Yeah, sellers pay the fee, but customers buy the cars. And apparently, they do not know that. And out of my experience from 2 days ago, I have to put my car search on hold for another 2 weeks, which in the end means, no sale of any of your advertised car, a.k.a. No money going around. Give these lines a thought Autotrader. A good, deep one. Or not, and then cry of revenue loss when another similar app comes around.
Great App but missing a few tools.
This app needs to include some kind of commenting system on cars, so that it can save other people time. Instead of travelling miles to look at a car how much easier would it be to read comments about it, from someone who had viewed it in person already? And not even that, what if you wanted to quickly ask a question about the vehicle before going down to look at it. You could just comment with your question and have the seller respond, much easier than going out your way to find the sellers contact info. I also think the saved search notifications need to be improved. Instead of just telling me there are new cars, I’d like the app to actually tell me the make/model of cars that have new listings. This would be extremely helpful since I have notifications for multiple makes of cars turned on. Besides these issues the app is a great way to find a new car.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Auto Trader
- 60.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Auto Trader Limited
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.