The UK’s No.1 marketplace to buy a new or used car, with the largest choice of cars for sale.
Auto Trader puts the best new and used car deals at your fingertips, where you can search over half a million cars from dealers. Read reviews from car owners and experts so you can feel confident you’re getting the best car deals.
FIND NEW & USED CARS FOR SALE
• Search the UK’s biggest choice of cars for sale from private and trade sellers
• Add your post code to search for cars on sale in your local area
• Use advanced filters to search new and used cars, including make, model, price, mileage and more to find your perfect vehicle
BUY A USED CAR
• Know you’re getting great deals on used cars with our new price indicator
• Our free 5-point car history check ensures you can buy with confidence
• Get a part-exchange valuation to start your conversation with a dealer
BUY A BRAND NEW CAR
• Find pre-haggled prices on brand new cars for sale on Auto Trader, with dealer discount displayed upfront.
• Save an average of £3,485 off the RRP on new cars
• See what new cars are in stock at your local dealer so you can find it and buy it today
• Find flexible finance options to make new car costs more affordable
SELL YOUR CAR
• Create an advert in minutes to start selling your used car privately to millions of buyers
• Use our free, online car valuation check to find out how much to sell your used car for.
• Auto Trader has been awarded the ‘Used Car Valuations Provider of the Year’ as voted for by Car Dealer Power 2019
GET THE LATEST DEALS
• Save your favourite used cars all in one place and view from any device
• Receive instant notifications when new motor vehicles match your saved search criteria
• Easily compare cars to buy side-by-side to help you decide
BUY & SELL WITH CONFIDENCE
• For over 40 years Auto Trader has helped millions of people buy and sell their perfect car
• Millions of customers use Auto Trader monthly to find great deals
• Rated 4.7/5 on Trustpilot from over 75,000 reviews
• Rated 4.8/5 on App Store from over 120,000 app reviews
OTHER MOTOR VEHICLE SERVICES
• Compare insurance prices to find great deals when buying car insurance
• Track your cars value and set up reminders to check when your tax, MOT and service are due
AUTO TRADER FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• UK’s No.1 marketplace to buy and sell a used or new car
• Find used cars for sale from a trusted dealer
• Search great deals when buying a brand-new car, available now or made to order from a local dealer
• Get your vehicle on sale in minutes
• Find cars for sale at a trusted dealer. Read reviews when buying from a dealer
• Get peace of mind when buying with our motor vehicle history check
• Our price indicator makes it easy to check the best motor vehicle deals
• Find flexible finance options when buying a car
• Search your perfect motor vehicle with advanced filters, including make, model and dealer postcode
Your feedback counts:
We’re always looking to make things better for our customers so we would love to hear what you think of the app. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet us @AutoTrader_UK, or send us a message on Facebook @autotraderuk.
About Auto Trader:
Auto Trader started life as a local classified magazine in 1977 and since then, we’ve grown into a 100% digital business. With over 10 million transactions each year, we’re the UK’s largest digital automotive marketplace. Our goal is to make the process of buying and selling cars easier for consumers, retailers and manufacturers.
*Based on a survey of 5,949 people who have sold cars in the past two years.
Making improvements to help your vehicle buying journey as smooth as can be
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app and this is where I’ve bought my first car almost 2 years ago now. Everything is perfect except one thing I really want Autotrader to implement, which is when you save a car you can no longer view where the car is located if it is a private seller. You can view where the car located on the main search page if it’s a private seller but as soon as you save the car the option to view the location is no longer available unless if it’s a dealership. You have to either call the private seller if you want to find out where the car is or search the car you saved in the main search area and find out from there to see the location. I think this would help a lot of people and it’s a little bit irritating for myself as I have a lot of cars saved and I don’t always know where they are. Other than that the application is amazing.
Developer Response ,
We’re loving this, Richard! Brilliant news about your AutoTrader experience, and great feedback for the team. Thank you. 🙌
One sided app and company !
I must say that in this day and age, where people like to socialise and share opinions this app and company is the exact opposite of that definition. Is it made for the seller or the buyer? My opinion is that the company’s policy is leaning almost 100% towards the sellers and by this I am referring to some of the buyers key freedoms being slashed out. For example why can the buyer seen when a car was put up for sale?( ordered by date posted) Or why can we leave comments on cars? Instead of travelling 100 miles to see a car and be disappointed, I would rather read comments from people who already seen the car.( this makes buying a second hand car a long process ). For example, I am looking at this time to buy my next car and 2 days ago I just traveled 150 miles to visit 3 cars in 5 hours. Thats allot of resources to invest in just 3 cars. All in all, what I am saying is that autotrader is no being customer orientated. Yeah, sellers pay the fee, but customers buy the cars. And apparently, they do not know that. And out of my experience from 2 days ago, I have to put my car search on hold for another 2 weeks, which in the end means, no sale of any of your advertised car, a.k.a. No money going around. Give these lines a thought Autotrader. A good, deep one. Or not, and then cry of revenue loss when another similar app comes around.
Previously good app ruined in some ways
The ratio of promoted items to the ones you actually searched for is awful. Half the items in a list are marked “Ad” or “You might also like” etc. But it’s already supposed to be an advertising service!! You can sort by, say, Price, only to find that half the items in the list are not ordered by price, presumably because the sellers have paid extra to have their car promoted. It ruins the experience of looking down a list of cars, you feel like you are always losing your place. This is made worse by the fact that each list item is displayed as giant on the screen. Modern phone screens are large; it should be possible to have an option to display like 10 items in the list at once, instead of only about 1.5. The user experience is just not great here frankly. In addition, the option to search for cars within a given area seems to be a simple radius from postcode search. But people are not travelling as the crow flies! An option for driving time distance would be useful, as would a custom area search.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Auto Trader
- 106.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Auto Trader Limited
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.