The balance app is now certified by the leading digital health organisation, ORCHA, who review health apps for the NHS and national health bodies around the world.
balance has been designed by menopause specialists to help you become more informed and more prepared for the perimenopause and the menopause by allowing you to take control of your health and body.
In the app you’re able to:
- Understand more about your menopause with the help of expert content that’s tailored around you.
- Keep an eye on your symptoms and health with the help of the balance journal. You can record your symptoms, mood, periods, nutrition, exercise and meditation.
- Understand your treatment options in the review section, where others have shared their honest experiences of both HRT and alternatives for you to learn from.
- Prepare for any healthcare appointments you may have by downloading a report of everything you’ve been recording in your journal so you can ensure you cover everything once you’re there.
- Track any changes to, or patterns in, your symptoms and health over time with the help of graphs to show you how things are going.
- Join experiments that have each been specifically designed to help relieve certain symptoms of the menopause.
- Share your stories and read others’, balance is a safe place to talk about this time in your life with people who understand. Talking helps to break taboos around the menopause and helps others too.
We’re here because we want to make a difference. We want to change lives across the world and make menopause an opportunity, not an ending.
- Bug fixes
- Improved push notifications
Ratings and Reviews
I am normal!!! ... well sort of!!!
I have already researched a lot about menopause and the many different symptoms following my hysterectomy at 46. I have been peri-menopausal since 38 and my symptoms suddenly became a lot worse and more consistent following the op. Following Dr Louise on IG has been such a God send for me as my GP’s have never been particularly understanding. You feel you’re literally going mad, so the realisation after downloading this app, that you’re actually just ‘meno-normal’ is a huge relief! I feel as though every part of this app resonates in some way with me and I love Louise’s top tips. It is a revolution in women’s health that I am so glad to be part of and I applaud and support Dr Louise in her plight to educate, enlighten and spread knowledge of what affects half of the worlds population, yet unbelievably so many medical professionals know very little about. If you feel like you’re losing your marbles, download this app, follow Dr Louise on IG and you’ll soon realise what you’re experiencing is normal and you’ll have a place to go to find out what you can do to help yourself. Can’t recommend this app enough! Thank you Louise x
I absolutely love this app. As a med student and doctor, training in perimenopause and menopause is dismal and I found myself having so many symptoms that I just couldn’t understand. This app is so informative (you do not need medical knowledge to understand the info) and explains symptoms like brain fog, anxiety, muscle pain, worsening allergies etc none of which I knew could be related to low oestrogen levels. The daily symptom tracker is great for helping highlight symptoms that may be getting worse or better. The app allows you to print out a report of your daily symptoms to help your GP understand what you are feeling, useful when you may just feel too overwhelmed and exhausted to explain clearly yourself. Brilliant App. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for leaving a review! We are so pleased to hear Balance app is helping you. Best wishes - Stacy Team Balance
Brilliant idea. But! What working mum has time to record three times a day? Please can you change the functionality so that you can select the symptom and tick whether it was morning afternoon or evening (if that’s even important - could it be once a day)? It’s so time consuming. Also the food diary is next to useless as the fixed way it’s configured means I can’t find what I ate and it doesn’t account for those of us with food allergies or who eat foreign food which is a shame as I’d like to use it. If you can update based on user feedback you’ll have a brilliant useful app. Thank you.
UPDATE: Thank you for listening and updating the app to make it easier to use. Bravo. Now it’s GREAT!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks a lot for your feedback – all insights help us to make the app even better. Best wishes, Team balance
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Balance App Limited
- 43.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Balance App Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.