Beastcam - the most advanced camera app for iPhone from Beastgrip.
Take your #iphoneography to the next level.
Beastcam makes it easier than ever to capture the best possible photos and videos on your iPhone. It’s fast and easy-to-use, but powerful and customizable as a professional camera when you need it.
We believe Beastcam is the most intuitive and advanced camera app ever created for capturing life’s special moments, expanding the capabilities of your iPhone camera to its fullest potential, and taking your #iPhoneography to the next level!
Easily set, fine-tune, and lock the most important settings you need in seconds, such as focus, exposure, zoom, white balance, and more using Beastcam’s intuitive design, quick-access buttons, precise value sliders, focus, and exposure reticles. All available with a single tap on the home screen.
Enhance your creativity with built-in support for DOF adapters, 1.33X & 1.55X anamorphic lenses in both photo and video mode. Improve your sound quality with external microphones and dial in the perfect settings for your environment, such as gain, audio format, sample rates.
Speed up and organize your workflow with shareable presets for every available setting.
Save time setting up your camera with unlimited customizable presets for all available settings that can be applied at any time. Perfect for multi-phone setups, DOF Adapters, 1.33X & 1.55X anamorphic lenses, and other commonly used settings like frame rate, resolution, etc.
Save time finding your files by creating projects and scenes that auto-generate readable file names based on the project name, scene name and take # and prioritize your best footage (or delete your worst) with a single tap as soon as you’ve finished recording, or later in the built-in gallery. Conveniently manage and share all of your organized photos and videos with the built-in gallery.
- Set and lock focus and exposure with reticles
- Precisely adjust white balance, focus, zoom, and exposure settings right from the home screen
- Analyze your shots accurately focus peaking, false colors, zebras, and histogram
- Take steadier shots with standard or cinematic image stabilization
- De-squeeze footage to 2.39:1 for 1.33X anamorphic lenses and 2.76:1 for 1.55X anamorphic lenses
- Rotate orientation for DOF lens adapters
- 4X quick zoom preview, perfect for manual focus
- Switch between any of your iPhone cameras
- Monitor audio levels, microphone type, format, and sample rate right on the home screen
- Compose your shots with 1:1, 2.39:1, and 2.76:1 aspect ratio guides and grids that don’t alter your recordings
- Show/hide all of the menus from your home screen
- Built-in flash/torch control
- Create projects and scenes that auto-generate easy to read folder and file names based on the project name, scene name, take #
- Prioritize your best footage (or delete your worst) with a single tap as soon as you’ve finished recording or later in the gallery
- View, rename, move, share or delete files with the built-in gallery
- Custom local presets for white balance, zoom, focus
- Create sharable global presets for all available settings (video mode only)
- Custom settings/rules for a fresh start
- Easily adjust exposure, focus, zoom with gesture controls
- 4K 3840x2160, QHD 2560x1440, FHD 1920x1080 or HD 1280x720 resolutions
- 24, 25, 30, 48, 50, 60, 120, or 240 FPS options
- Bit rates: Low, Standard, High, Beast (up to 160 Mbit/s)
- 10-bit Dolby Vision HDR on iPhone 12 Series
Note: Some resolution and FPS options are not available on older iPhone models. The bit rate may vary depending on the resolution, FPS, and scene of your video
- ACC, PCM, AIFF audio formats
- 44.1kHz and 48kHz audio sample rates (device-dependent)
- Supports built-in and external microphones
- Control gain for external microphones
- JPEG, HEIF, RAW (.dng) file formats
- 1:1 (9MP max resolution), 4:3 (default, 12MP max resolution), 3:2 (11MP max resolution), and 16:9 (9MP max resolution) aspect ratios
This update comes with many new features and performance improvements!
- ProRAW format on iPhones 12 Pro Max and 12 Pro
- New menu to switch between video and photo modes eliminates accidental switch. Now, after tapping on the camera icon you will have to select the mode to switch or close the menu
- New aspect ratio guides and instant crop (video mode). The instant crop switcher is added to the aspect ratio guides sub-menu. When enabled, the video will be saved in the selected aspect ratio (1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 2.39:1, 2.76:1). Instant crop is available for HD/FHD (8-bit) at 24, 25, 30,48,50,60 FPS and QHD/4K (8-bit) at 24, 25, 30 FPS.
- New expanded mode for exposure and focus reticles. Tap and hold on exposure or focus reticle to switch to expanded reading mode. The expanded reticles mode will trigger average scene reading for both exposure and focus instead of the spot reading. Exposure and focus can be locked the same way by taping on reticles. To return to spot reading mode, tap and hold on the reticle.
- Zoom, Focus, and White Balance pull. Now you can set a transition timer between local preset points for Focus, Zoom, and White Balance. A new timer Icon is added above preset numbered icons that allow setting a transition timer from 0 up to 10 seconds. The timer for each of the Focus, Zoom, and White Balance settings can be set individually. Once the timer set, it will affect the transition time between set points for smooth and even pull action.
Quick Zoom. Now you can choose between digital zoom and zoom preview to trigger Quick Zoom from the camera UI, in addition, zoom power can be set from 1X up to 10X (controls are added to the main settings menu). The digital zoom (Zoom) option is available at all camera settings, and it will apply actual zoom to the camera. It is extremely helpful when setting up a white balance or exposure from a specific area of the frame, also to check/set the focus. Zoom preview (Preview) option will trigger preview zoom only, and will not affect actual camera zoom, so it can be used at any time during video recording to quickly check the focus. The preview option is not available at 10-bit HDR mode (on iPhones 12 Series) also in HD/FHD at 120, 240 FPS, and 4K at 48, 50, 60 FPS.
- Visual Analytics ”Auto” mode: When enabled, it will trigger Zebra Stripes when changing exposure manually and Focus Peaking, when changing focus manually. NOTE: Visual analytics are not available in 10-bit HDR mode, also in HD/FHD at 120, 240 FPS, and 4K at 48, 50, 60 FPS.
- Hide interface on touch. Additional option added to keep/hide shutter release button when hide interface is enabled.
- Camera orientation lock. Available in the main settings menu to lock the camera in a horizontal or vertical orientation.
- Main Settings Menu. New layout with three main categories: Camera controls, User interface, and File management for easier and quicker navigation.
- Global Presets Menu. Added bit depth information (8-bit or 10-bit HDR) to the info table. Now, you can load your presets even faster by double-tapping on your preset name. Rearrange your presets in the list: tap and hold on a preset name to enable the moving option, then drag your preset to a new location in the preset list to keep your favorite presets at the top.
-Gallery. Added camera Icon for a quick return to camera UI from all gallery folders and player screen. Batch file conversion is available for multiple selected files or complete project folders. Since 10-bit HDR mode and HD/FHD at 120, 240 FPS, plus 4K at 48, 50, 60 FPS save videos in native 16:9 aspect ratio when recorded with anamorphic settings, batch conversion becomes really useful when multiple files needed to be converted to proper 2.39:1 or 2.76:1 aspect ratios.
Image stabilization bugs fixed: IS state preserved when switching camera settings. IS state can be saved into global preset.
If you have any feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Missing a couple of features of apps have. But it’s still new and the updates have added a lot of new features. I did read it was adding time lapse at some point. Check out there website, lots of very unusual camera equipment for the iPhone at low, to very high prices. Image stabilisation is a beast, but a bit laggy at max (must be doing a lot of background work). I went for this after seeing reviews about it not crashing, like other do.
Best camera app ever, honestly 10/10
Im so glad that i found out about BeastCam, honestly never thought you can use a phone like an actual camera and this app is what it brings it.
Missing Flat Profile
Great App in general but not giving 5 stars for the following reasons:
1. When shooting with the 1.33 anamorphic lens, the monitoring image gets sent to the top instead of 2 black bars on top and bottom. This is kind of annoying.
2. No flat profile available
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Beastgrip, Co.
- 37.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © BEASTGRIP CO
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.