MAVIS is the ultimate pro filmmaking and broadcast camera for the iPhone. It provides professional level filming tools including focus peaking, waveform monitor, vectorscope, false color and zebras. It gives you audio controls, audio metering, custom resolutions, framerates and recordings formats. It also brings a natural interface to give you full flexible manual control while shooting.
MAVIS now offers In-App Purchases. Purchase the Big Bundle or choose from our Viewfinder, Formats, Pro Tools and Timecode packs.
- Focus peaking and expanded focus for manual focus assist
- Zebras and False Color exposure assist
- Manual focus, exposure and color
- HD, 2K and 4K* recording
- High bitrate and HEVC encoding*
- Custom frame rates up to 240fps*
- Digital Zoom in 1080p
- Dual camera support*
- Full screen mode
- Custom audio inputs
- Audio metering and manual audio gain control where available*
- Real-time audio passthrough for monitoring in headphones*
- Real-time full-scale vectorscope for color work
- Real-time full-scale waveform monitor for exposure monitoring
- Support for UltraSync BLUE from Timecode Systems
- Support for Zhiyun Smooth 4
- Global Presets
- Custom Function (FN) button
- Multiple saving and sharing options
- Apple Watch record start/stop remote
- Support Docs
SUPPORT FOR MULTIPLE RESOLUTIONS*:
- 4K (UHD)
- 4K (4:3) - record at maximum camera resolution without audio
- 2K (4:3)
CUSTOM FRAME RATES:
- Presets available include 23.98fps, 24fps, 25fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps*
- Select any frame rate from 3fps up to 240fps*
- Record up to 240fps in 1080p*
ADVANCED EXPOSURE CONTROLS
- View shutter in angles and speed
- Shutter lock (e.g. lock at 180°)
- Separate target focus and exposure reticles
FULL MANUAL CONTROLS FOR:
- Color temperature
- Focus peaking and Expanded focus helps ensure your shots are always in focus
- Waveform monitor helps you shoot with the optimum dynamic range
- Vectorscope ensures your colors are consistent and your white balance is correct
- Zebra overlay helps ensure your shots are never over exposed
- False color support for Gradient and Ranges with full details about color representations
- False color helps ensure your shots are never over/under exposed
ENCODING BIT RATES:
- 10Mbit/s (Make your storage last longer)
- 20Mbit/s (Standard)
- 30Mbit/s (High quality production)
- 50Mbit/s (Great for post and color grading)
- 100Mbit/s (Great for very high quality productions, color grades and visual effects)*
- Custom external inputs
- Select external audio input from Lightning connector or analog input
- Stereo audio from Lightning connected inputs
- Internal mic selection and polar pattern
- Manual gain control where available
- Audio pass-through/monitoring with headphones*
- VU metering
- Recording Tally
- De-Squeeze support for Moondog Anamorphic Lens
- Image flip support for DOF adaptors
- Support for different aspect ratios in the viewfinder
- Support for guide overlays in viewfinder
THIRD PARTY SUPPORT
- Support for Timecode Systems UltraSync BLUE
- Support for Zhiyun Smooth 4
*Device restrictions apply. See website for full details - shootmavis.com/specs
MAVIS was developed by filmmakers for filmmakers and we hope you enjoy it as much as we do :-)
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Needs digital zoom
and it's the complete package.
I find it strange it doesn't have digital zoom, since it seems to do everything else extremely well.
I'm using an iPhone 6 so I don't get 2x zoom ( well none do other than the 7 pro ) and there are situations I would like to get that little bit closer without having to move the tripod.
( I can live with the lose in quality )
Fi**ic Pro has a good implementation for digital zoom.
As a professional TV director and cameraman, I 've been somewhat impressed at the way that some smartphones such as the iPhone 6s Plus can handle images, both still and video.
What was lacking though was the right software to take advantage of the possibilities.
I needed to have full control as well as monitoring of the various functions.
What an incredible little(!) app.
I couldn't believe that it actually offers focus peaking as well as a waveform monitor, not to mention a decent manual audio level control.
In short, it has everything that I'd expect if I was to pick up a professional video camera.
I also bought the IoGrapher frame to hold the 6sPlus, which really has turned it into a very high-powered video acquisition unit
Well done to the developers - I salute you!
This is an update at July 2017.
While I still stick with my previous thoughts, there is one fault that I reported to the developers, but nothing seems to have been done to rectify it: the manual focus control has an image of infinity and also a flower for close up work. It appears that the icons are the wrong way around. One should be able to slide ghe control to infinity to focus on distant objects, whereas it's the other way around...
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the amazing review and for updating the feedback. We look at all the comments and feed them back into the app.
Best Videography App.... Period!
So I’d been using Filmic Pro for a good while but I was getting frustrated with it’s user interface and felt overall it was a bit clunky and somewhat unstable.
I came across Mavis a while back but at that point it was fairly expensive for me to purchase and there was no free version to try out. When a free version did come along, I downloaded it, played with it and within days I decided to purchase the ‘Big Bundle’ package and I can honestly say it was money well spent in my opinion. It’s feature rich and the layout of the user interface is so intuitive and easy to navigate compared to Filmic Pro.
I’d love to see integration with hardware such as the Zhiyun Smooth 4 so I can use the rack focus/zoom wheel and motion time lapses within Mavis but I appreciate that could be a tall order!
Yes, the full app is a little costly, but it’s a serious bit of kit and if you’re into mobile cinematography then Mavis is the app you’ll need without doubt.
In a nutshell, Mavis is an awesome app and the customer support is great. I’ve had no regrets buying this app and I’ll be using it when I go to Dubai in a few weeks!
Developer Response ,
Hi Jon, what an amazing review. Really glad you are loving MAVIS!
- Mavis Broadcast Ltd
- 44.9 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 and watchOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Mavis Broadcast Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Big Bundle £17.99
- Formats £5.99
- Pro Tools £5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.