Four of Deutsche Grammophon’s legendary recordings collected in one exceptional app to give you unparalleled insight into an iconic piece.
• Compare the performances: Listen to four recordings of the piece spanning 50 years, and switch seamlessly between them with a touch – at any point in the music – to hear a note start in one decade and finish in another.
• Discover the BeatMap: This groundbreaking visualization of the performances shows different sections of the orchestra pulse in time with the music.
• Explore the music: Beethoven’s 9th Symphony lets you immerse yourself in Beethoven’s late masterpiece – follow the score or the 1825 manuscript, precisely synchronized to the music.
Bonus features available on your iPad:
• Join the experts: Watch over 90 minutes of specially filmed insights from musicians, writers and great conductors including John Eliot Gardiner, Gustavo Dudamel and members of the Berliner Philharmoniker.
• The story of the symphony: The app also features a book on Beethoven and the Ninth Symphony, plus two levels of real-time analysis and commentary by the pianist, composer and broadcaster David Owen Norris.
If you enjoy Beethoven’s 9th Symphony, don’t forget to rate it and leave a review – it really helps!
Support for iOS 13
Ratings and Reviews
This is amazing value: 4 great recordings plus two types of score and a facsimile of the original score that was used for the World premiere of the piece.
I love the video recordings and found the essays really interesting too.
Could we have some more please: Stravinsky’s ‘Rite of Spring’ would be amazing if treated under this kind of microscope.
Messiaen’s ‘Quartet for the end if time’ or Bach’s ‘Brandenburg Concertos’ also come to mind. The interplay between the soloists and the concertante would really come out in an app like this.
Well done guys!
This is the most effective music teaching tool I have ever seen.
It combines and synchronises:
* 4 real performance recordings in parallel
* 3 views of real time score, including auto-condensing mode
* music theory descriptions that follow the music
* responsive colour coded navigation strip
* colour coded visual scheme of seating arrangement
making for a very detailed, real-time, visual representation of the work.
The “engine” behind this app opens up amazing possibilities for music analysis and general education.
I can’t imagine the amount of work that went into this app, yet there is also further untapped potential.
This is how technology should be used
Wonderfully thought through presentation and analysis... more please of other works
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Amphio Limited
- 2.1 GB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Classical Apps Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Full Experience £4.99
- The Full Beethoven Experience £4.99
- Full Experience (iPhone discount) £4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.