- Improved macOS compatibility and fixed issues with some third party apps.
- Improved performance, animations should now be smoother on some systems.
Ratings and Reviews
A must-have app
This app is probably the most solid piece of software I’ve had the pleasure of using - it never crashes and it never fails.
The customisation options are very good. I don’t very much like the default overlay (it's an ugly shade of blue with a white border and the corners are way too rounded) but thankfully it can be customised along with pretty much everything else.
- Rock solid - never crashes
- Highly customisable - it’s a bit overwhelming at first
- Runs completely in the background - no apps open or icons in the menu bar
- Price is very reasonable for the app’s functionality and quality
- Has option to maximise window when title bar is double clicked (returns to previous size and location when double clicked again)
- Custom keyboard shortcuts are awesome
- Windows can take up halves, thirds, two-thirds or quarters of the screen as well as being centred or moved to a corner without resizing and maximised
- Windows return to their original size if dragged away from their 'snap' location
- No option for custom window size
- Settings window can be a bit overwhelming - better separation could be implemented
Overall, I’d say this is a must have app for all users, especially those who use their Mac for any kind of work. If you’re used to most GUI Linux Distros or later versions of Windows, this app will help make you feel right at home also.
I can barely find fault with this App (and I am neither affiliated with the author/developer or on the payroll).
I love a tidy desktop and an organised computer, particularly I enjoy having things laid out on-screen.
Furthermore, I am disabled (vision impairment) - so clean, tidy and organised environments are absolutely essential to me.
I don’t know if this developer had awkward folk like me in-mind when creating this App, but I must thank them for their effort as this App is almost the perfect window manager.
There are a couple of things I’d like to see added and changed (like slightly better support for multiple monitors) and one or two little bugs ironed-out (windows partially off-screen when clearly that was not the intended outcome).
In the mean time, a feature request if I may please:
Some means (probably through an option in the menubar) reconvene windows that have gone off the beaten track - this as much a feature as a remedial measure for those moments when a wondow seems to have gone out of sight (not least for a vision-impaired user).
Overall however a really stunning implementation of that old-new favourite utility App, the much needed enhanced Window manager.
Marks out of 100: 93.
Add the two features mentined above and I’ll round up to a bostin’ 99% (one never makes 100%).
Mr. Mac Hack
Where have you been all my life?
Finally! Someone who knows how to write software that works, that knows what it means to have a functionally correct definition, and who knows how to make a nice user interface. This is just beautiful.
I’ve wanted to organise my windows in the way BetterSnapTool does it, since I first started working with a windows OS, several decades age, and now, finally, I can do it. There is an alternative way of taming the windows mess, by putting tabs on the windows themselves - a system offered in the BeOS operating system, and also by an app in MS Windows. But the system offered here is even nicer. Some users say to ignore the advanced feature of Snap Areas … well, once you’ve done one the rest are easy, so I recommend trying it for more control.
I thoroughly recommend this app to everyone, and the price makes it a total bargain.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.