BetterSnapTool allows you to easily manage your window positions and sizes by either dragging them to one of the screen's corners or to the top, left or right side of the screen. This enables you to easily maximize your windows, position them side by side or even resize them to quarters of the screen.
If you need even more than those standard snap areas, BetterSnapTool now allows you to create your own, custom snap areas anywhere on your display.
To be even more productive you can also set custom keyboard shortcuts in order to move and resize your windows.
Because there are so many positions available, BetterSnapTool can also pop up an overview menu from which you can select the one position you want.
You can also customize what should happen after right-clicking one of the buttons on the top left of a window.
More features included are:
• move or resize the window below the cursor while holding customizable modifier keys.
• select what happens when double-clicking a window's titlebar
BetterSnapTool is very customizable and will change the way you work with your Mac!
It supports multiple monitors, hidden docks etc..
You can change the design of the preview overlays and even set application specific snapping sizes!
BetterSnapTool works with almost every application, only some apps with non-standard windows can't be supported.
- Fixes an issue that prevented some users from deleting custom snap areas which had keyboard shortcuts assigned
- Fixes a potential crash that could happen right after starting the app
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A must-have app
This app is probably the most solid piece of software I’ve had the pleasure of using - it never crashes and it never fails.
The customisation options are very good. I don’t very much like the default overlay (it's an ugly shade of blue with a white border and the corners are way too rounded) but thankfully it can be customised along with pretty much everything else.
- Rock solid - never crashes
- Highly customisable - it’s a bit overwhelming at first
- Runs completely in the background - no apps open or icons in the menu bar
- Price is very reasonable for the app’s functionality and quality
- Has option to maximise window when title bar is double clicked (returns to previous size and location when double clicked again)
- Custom keyboard shortcuts are awesome
- Windows can take up halves, thirds, two-thirds or quarters of the screen as well as being centred or moved to a corner without resizing and maximised
- Windows return to their original size if dragged away from their 'snap' location
- No option for custom window size
- Settings window can be a bit overwhelming - better separation could be implemented
Overall, I’d say this is a must have app for all users, especially those who use their Mac for any kind of work. If you’re used to most GUI Linux Distros or later versions of Windows, this app will help make you feel right at home also.
Fixes MacOS window management deficiencies!
Must have tool for MacOS. Easily allows maximisation, snapping (like in Windows or Linux) and much better window management than MacOS has built into it (which is hardly any!). What I missed having used these features in other OS’s is being able to allow splitting and maximisation (without going into another workspace like MacOS forces you to), and snapping to edges to automatically resize windows and split the screen. MacOS is very primitive in these features and these simple tasks have to be done by manually resizing the window edges! Not only this, you cannot quit an application fully by pressing the cross icon, but have to go to menu and choose quit, or use command+Q. With Bettersnap you can even customise the iconsso a right click for example can be used to quit rather than just close window.
A+++ software at a very reasonable price!
I can barely find fault with this App (and I am neither affiliated with the author/developer or on the payroll).
I love a tidy desktop and an organised computer, particularly I enjoy having things laid out on-screen.
Furthermore, I am disabled (vision impairment) - so clean, tidy and organised environments are absolutely essential to me.
I don’t know if this developer had awkward folk like me in-mind when creating this App, but I must thank them for their effort as this App is almost the perfect window manager.
There are a couple of things I’d like to see added and changed (like slightly better support for multiple monitors) and one or two little bugs ironed-out (windows partially off-screen when clearly that was not the intended outcome).
In the mean time, a feature request if I may please:
Some means (probably through an option in the menubar) reconvene windows that have gone off the beaten track - this as much a feature as a remedial measure for those moments when a wondow seems to have gone out of sight (not least for a vision-impaired user).
Overall however a really stunning implementation of that old-new favourite utility App, the much needed enhanced Window manager.
Marks out of 100: 93.
Add the two features mentined above and I’ll round up to a bostin’ 99% (one never makes 100%).
Mr. Mac Hack
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.