BirdTrack is a tool designed by birders that makes it easy to log what you see wherever you go birdwatching. Once you have set up a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net, you’ll be able to upload your observations to the global database, allowing you to make comparisons with your own and other birders’ records. At the same time, your data will be available for use in research and conservation at the local, national and global scale.
- Log your bird sightings from anywhere in the world.
- Offline mapping and observation recording, enabling use in places with no data connection.
- Existing BirdTrack users can access the same set of personalised places on both the web and mobile devices.
- Simple +/-/circa buttons to easily add and modify species counts during your birding visit.
- Optional sighting details including breeding evidence, remarkable and sensitive record settings.
- Seldom-recorded species, high counts and out-of-season sightings flagged during verification to alert you to possible data entry errors.
- ‘Targets’ feature to show the most-recorded species that you’ve yet to log this year or ever.
Register for a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net
Developed by the British Trust for Ornithology, on behalf of the BirdTrack partnership.
This version introduces some updates to the species search to improve efficiency and ease of use when dealing with rare species.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve only ever written a couple of reviews but I felt that I needed to after attempting to use this app. You have to register to be able to use this but every time I tried to do this, the app crashed!! After 4 attempts I’ve decided to delete it.... I’ve given it 2 stars as I don’t want to be too negative. Hopefully it will be updated soon
I appreciate this app and hard not to give it 5/5 for the great facility it affords to listing. But there is an issue on IOS with it updating locations if you have changed or edited them online outside of the App. To resolve this I had to delete the App and reload it to my phone. This picked up all my location modifications. Thanks BTO for the great work you do!
Not easy to log a sighting
The design of this app is not user friendly and pretty confusing when you come to make a sighting( in this case a Cuckoo which are rare. Ended up contacting BTO with an OS grid ref to report as the mapping is not helpful via this app sadly
- British Trust for Ornithology
- 40 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 British Trust for Ornithology
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.