BirdTrack is a tool designed by birders that makes it easy to log what you see wherever you go birdwatching. Once you have set up a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net, you’ll be able to upload your observations to the global database, allowing you to make comparisons with your own and other birders’ records. At the same time, your data will be available for use in research and conservation at the local, national and global scale.
- Log your bird sightings from anywhere in the world.
- Offline mapping and observation recording, enabling use in places with no data connection.
- Existing BirdTrack users can access the same set of personalised places on both the web and mobile devices.
- Simple +/-/circa buttons to easily add and modify species counts during your birding visit.
- Optional sighting details including breeding evidence, remarkable and sensitive record settings.
- Seldom-recorded species, high counts and out-of-season sightings flagged during verification to alert you to possible data entry errors.
- ‘Targets’ feature to show the most-recorded species that you’ve yet to log this year or ever.
Register for a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net
Developed by the British Trust for Ornithology, on behalf of the BirdTrack partnership.
Species picker improvements, link to username and password reset, and various minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a good idea but doesn’t recognise other people that have the same name, no way to upload photos or to get recognise unusual bird sightings. On my sightings there are 3 sightings by other people in the area where I live but haven’t been there! There ought to be better ways verification of of people instead of giving I’d to people with similar names.
Needs to be improved
This is not an intuitive app. I tried to add one sighting while out for a walk, but ended up having to correct it when back home. You seem to need to name the place where you see birds, even though it knows your location. What is the point of that? Probably won't use this again.
Log in issue resolved
With my log in issue resolved I can now use the app properly! Thanks.
- British Trust for Ornithology
- 38.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015 British Trust for Ornithology
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.