BirdTrack is a tool designed by birders that makes it easy to log what you see wherever you go birdwatching. Once you have set up a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net, you’ll be able to upload your observations to the global database, allowing you to make comparisons with your own and other birders’ records. At the same time, your data will be available for use in research and conservation at the local, national and global scale.
- Log your bird sightings from anywhere in the world.
- Offline mapping and observation recording, enabling use in places with no data connection.
- Existing BirdTrack users can access the same set of personalised places on both the web and mobile devices.
- Simple +/-/circa buttons to easily add and modify species counts during your birding visit.
- Optional sighting details including breeding evidence, remarkable and sensitive record settings.
- Seldom-recorded species, high counts and out-of-season sightings flagged during verification to alert you to possible data entry errors.
- ‘Targets’ feature to show the most-recorded species that you’ve yet to log this year or ever.
Register for a free BirdTrack account at www.birdtrack.net
Developed by the British Trust for Ornithology, on behalf of the BirdTrack partnership.
This version introduces some updates to the species search to improve efficiency and ease of use when dealing with rare species.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve only ever written a couple of reviews but I felt that I needed to after attempting to use this app. You have to register to be able to use this but every time I tried to do this, the app crashed!! After 4 attempts I’ve decided to delete it.... I’ve given it 2 stars as I don’t want to be too negative. Hopefully it will be updated soon
This app has the makings of a fantastic resource. I would be extolling it’s virtues.
Unfortunately it won’t allow me to register. I consider myself pretty savvy regarding the use of applications, however this has me stumped. Every time I try to register, I get to the final registration screen only for the app to crash.
Easy to use and great for listing
I’ve been a user for any many years. Currently the best version and you are about to enter in more details of the birds which what plumage its in and where any specific birds are.
- British Trust for Ornithology
- 40 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 British Trust for Ornithology
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.