Connect Nyon or Kiox to your smartphone via Bluetooth with the eBike Connect App. You can modify settings, transfer routes or use additional premium functions for your own personal, networked interactive eBike experience.
So that you always have access to the latest features and improvements, we recommend that you update your on-board computer to the latest software version. To find out how to update the software on your device, please refer to our FAQ section: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/connect/faq/
Please note: This app can only be used for eBikes with Bosch drive and the Nyon or Kiox eBike on-board computer.
- You will receive information and current news around eBikes, as well as personal notifications.
- Your eBike rides appear in all details
- Unsynchronized and unfinished activities are marked
- Activate the connection to Apple Health just once to ensure that all your rides are automatically logged in the Apple Health app.
MAP & NAVIGATION
- Convenient address entry and transfer to Nyon & Kiox
- Calculation and display of remaining range
- Discover new cycling routes with the komoot route planning and navigation app. Once you have linked both accounts in the eBike Connect App, you can easily synchronise your activities and routes with komoot.
- Personal information
- Change your private and work address
- Setting of Custom Screens
- Custom Riding Modes for your Bosch eBike drive (Nyon, prior to model year 2021)
- Calculation of the remaining range based on topography and the selected support level (Nyon, prior to model year 2021)
- Lock: You can now purchase the new premium feature Lock in the eBike Connect app shop (Kiox & Nyon)
The premium 'Lock' function, in conjunction with the Kiox & Nyon displays, is compatible with the Bosch Active Line and Active Line Plus Drive Units from model year 2018 or the Performance Line, Cargo Line, Performance Line Speed and Performance Line CX from model year 2020 onwards.
Please be sure to update both displays and the Drive Unit to the latest software version.
In this version we have made sure that the eBike Connect Widget is working correctly again.
Check out the new features and improvements from our latest updates for Nyon and eBike Connect on our news section: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/news
Ratings and Reviews
Poor for Bosch
After upgrading my eBikeConnect to a Kiox very excited to try the app. It connected easily great start. Went out for a ride to see how it all works. The kiox works fine showing all the features first ride complete let’s check on the app.
Unfortunately that is the positive over. The big issues I have.
1. As I found out unless you keep the location tracking in the background all the time (I have issues with location data on all the time) other apps have it just when using app. This does affect the battery life of the phone and why do Bosch need to know where I am all the time.
2. The syncing is done in Bosch time so first ride only half the data was available until the next time I used the bike. 2nd ride tried to force the sync no chance. The last ride I did showed on the kiox, Never arrived on the phone. What is the point of tracking your months ride if it does not log everything. Nearly every ride has different data missing. Telling me “synced just recently” does not help 2 days later and not updated.
3. What is the point of showing fields in the activity if it never shows. Ascent and decent have never given a value . It shows altitude so why no ascent or decent.
Use this for fun, if you want to log rides use a cycle computer or cycle app far more reliable.
Come on Bosch you are supposed to be leaders in this technology. At the moment others give a far better user experience.
An update for the bike!!
My Nyon on-board computer has just received an update. I thought "hey, they've listened to my complaint that you cannot save a destination or a route, nor can you point to the map and tell it to create a route to that point. A bit lacking really, considering that it's supposed to be a sat-nav.
Anyway, after the update, I find that the only thing that seems to have changed is that there are more "points of interest" installed. I now have a category for Helipads. As all serious cyclists know, it's a big problem when you can't find the nearest helicopter.
9 Aug 2017. Update on my update about the update....
There have now been a few more (updates) since I wrote the above, and, credit where it's due, it is getting better. The whole Nyon thing is becoming better and slicker, with screens that are nice to use. So long as you use the excellent online portal to set up your Nyon then it is a great thing for the bike, even though the on board satnav control is still way too basic. (Anyway, I've added a couple of stars)
Don’t know whether it’s been updated but it’s better than I expected
Having read all the reviews I didn’t have any expectations at all, but given it’s free I thought why not. But my experience is so different to some of the others. I’ve installed Komoot and it works brilliantly with this app, they share data so the ride is updated on Komoot even if you forget to record the tour.
The Bosch app doesn’t show climb and decent but Komoot does even though the data comes from the Bosch app.
The map function works in the app so you can see where you got to in the app as well as with Komoot.
What I really love though is the power and cadence statistics you can get from the app. It allows you to set improvement goals not just for times but also how much effort you put in versus how much the motor puts in. It shows what support modes you use and for how much of the ride and so again you can challenge yourself to “do more” rather than let the motor push you up the hill.
I’ve not had any synch issues albeit there is sometimes a lag whilst it seems to process the data and get all the ducks in a row but we’re taking mins not days.
I don’t know whether I’m just lucky or whether it’s been updated but this app is sorted.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mck uk. Thank you very much for the pleasant feedback and for sharing your experiences. Your Bosch eBike Team
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- 140.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2022; Robert Bosch GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Lock £8.99
- Custom Riding Modes £4.49
- Topo Range indicator £4.99