Bright Sky is a free to download mobile app providing support and information for anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
The app is available to use in Welsh, Polish, Punjabi and Urdu.
A unique UK-wide directory of specialist domestic abuse support services, so you can contact your nearest service by phone from the app, searching by area name, postcode or using your current location.
A secure My Journal tool, where incidents of abuse can be logged in text, audio, video or photo form, without any of the content being saved on the device itself.
Questionnaires to assess the safety of a relationship, plus a section on dispelling myths around domestic and sexual abuse.
Information about domestic abuse, the different kinds of support available, tips to improve your online safety, and how to help someone you know who is experiencing domestic abuse.
Advice and information on issues around sexual consent, stalking and harassment.
Contact details and the ability to call national helplines providing support for those affected by domestic and sexual abuse across the UK.
Links to further resources and information on topics around domestic abuse.
* If you ever feel in immediate danger, contact 999 immediately.
* For your safety, we advise you to only download the app onto a device which you feel safe using and which only you have access to. Only take the questionnaires in a private place, preferably on your own so that nobody is able to influence the outcome.
* Before using the app’s My Journal feature, make sure that you have an email address which is secure and that nobody else has access to. If you need to, you can make a new one.
* For confidentiality purposes, most of the addresses given in the app’s FIND HELP tool are those of the service’s local authority or council offices, not the organisation’s own address. You are able to contact advocates via telephone.
* Please be aware that any calls made will show in your phone’s call history and on the billpayer’s phone bill.
* The ‘Am I at Risk?’ questionnaire within the app is designed to give users an indication of the signs of potential abuse within their relationship, or in ‘Family or Friend at Risk?’, the relationship of a friend or family member. However, this should not be taken as the only indication of the health of any relationship. If you are unsure, we always advise you to contact your nearest support service, or learn more about how you can help someone you know, which can be found using the Bright Sky app.
This version includes accessibility updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Got what I needed to seek help. Wish I’d known about this earlier.
Unreliable + Waste of Time
Used it to record something, when I stopped the recording it automatically deleted the entire thing saying something along the lines of the file bring too large to send/save. Complete waste of time I could’ve just used the default voice memos that are in all iPhones. Important evidence that I really needed was deleted/not saved thanks to using this app.
Good idea but too obvious
As soon as someone selects a language, they’re taken to a screen abuse abuse support. You should:
- put in some fake weather content
- provide details (on this page, and when you install the app) on how to navigate to the abuse support content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.