Informed and independent reporting of Church and world news from the Church Times.
From faith schools to fresh expressions, our writers explore the questions facing the Church today. We host lively debate from voices across contexts and traditions, keeping you in the conversation. And each week we set aside space to reflect on the Lectionary readings and look at arts and culture with a faith perspective.
Published every Friday, each issue also includes cartoons, interviews, book reviews, appointments and all the latest church jobs.
- Download each week’s issue to read offline
- Read breaking news stories published throughout the week
- Listen to the weekly Church Times podcast: interviews and comment from the editorial team
- Save your favourite articles to read later
- Store and access back issues for easy access
- Search for specific news stories, features, jobs and appointments
- Landscape and portrait view
- Share articles and jobs via email and Twitter
The app is free to download and includes a sample issue. To read the latest issue each week purchase a subscription.
SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS FOR CHURCH TIMES
Choose a 1, 3, 6 or 12 month subscription to the Church Times app.
- If available, you will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by iTunes.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
When you become a subscriber, you can download any issue published while your subscription is active. Tap the “Restore” button to make previously purchased issues available on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. You can update or opt out of renewal for your subscription in your iTunes Store account settings.
Please note: a subscription to the Church Times app does not include subscriber access to the Church Times website.
The Church Times is part of Hymns Ancient & Modern Ltd, a registered charity.
- For support please contact email@example.com
- For general enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated login process when certain login issues occur
Ratings and Reviews
The five stars awarded to the app don’t tell the true story - all five ‘lit up’ before I could make a correction. I like the app, but not that much!
I find navigating the pages clumsy - they don’t flow. I’m also a digital subscriber to the Daily Telegraph and recommend your app designers have a look at it and see if they can’t improve on the ease of navigation.
Don’t be ‘precious’ - see how the app might be improved ....
Rev’d Bruce Petfield
Helps me quickly identify what I want to read. The Font usedis easier t read than the hard hard copy. The role ofas a Carer to my spouse. Provides less time or opportunity to read compared with when I first retired and the new status arrived in my life hence very appreciative of the summary layout of contents.
The content is fine and navigation is good once it is fully loaded. However the app is ‘sticky’. It takes forever to load. When you go back into an issue you face the same problem. You don’t know whether it is working away in the background and will eventually load and go to the page you want or whether it has hung. And don’t even consider clicking a link because you have the same problem when you want to return to app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hymns Ancient and Modern Ltd Apps
- 49.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Hymns Ancient and Modern, Aimer Media
- In-App Purchases
- Church Times subscription £8.49
- Church Times subscription £24.99
- Church Times subscription £91.99
- Church Times subscription £48.99