"Darkest Dungeon is a challenging gothic roguelike turn-based RPG about the psychological stresses of adventuring.
***AWARDS AND HONORS***
***Rock Paper Shotgun - 50 Best RPGs of All Time***
***IGN - Best of 2016: 2 Nominations***
***IGF 2016 - 3 Nominations***
Recruit, train, and lead a team of flawed heroes through twisted forests, forgotten warrens, ruined crypts, and beyond. You'll battle not only unimaginable foes, but stress, famine, disease, and the ever-encroaching dark. Uncover strange mysteries, and pit the heroes against an array of fearsome monsters with an innovative strategic turn-based combat system.
* The Affliction System – battle not only monsters, but stress! Contend with paranoia, masochism, fear, irrationality, and a host of gameplay-meaningful quirks!
* Striking hand-drawn gothic crowquill art style
* Innovative turn-based combat pits you against a host of diabolical monsters
* Narration system to celebrate your successes...and failures
* 15 (and counting!) playable hero classes, including Plague Doctor, Hellion, and even the Leper!
* Camp to heal wounds or deliver inspiring speeches.
* Rest your weary, shell-shocked characters in town at the Tavern or the Abbey to keep their stress in check.
* Classic CRPG and roguelike features, including character permadeath, procedural dungeons, and incredible replay
* 3 game modes and over 80 hours of gameplay*
Can you stem the tide of eldritch horrors erupting across your family’s ancestral estate?
Descend at your peril!
Please note that the game currently supports the following languages only: English, German, French, Russian, Polish, Czech, Spanish, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese
- Fixed issues with district bonuses
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, iffy port
First things first - this is a brilliantly absorbing game, and I love it. It’s just the right level of challenging, with a beautiful art style.
Pity then that a lot of the interface doesn’t work on mobile - trying to hover on a debuff (circa 2mm tall on my iPad) in order to actually be able to read it is only achievable if you’re using a very pointy stylus. It’s a common thing in mobile ports, but it’s especially frustrating here.
Mostly however, I’m only giving this 3 stars because I have to shut down and reopen the app every time I try to load a new level. Whatever fix the last patch applied, it doesn’t seem to have worked.
Great dungeon delving game - shame about tiny UI
After the update I’ve decided to amend my review. My original complaint that saves were being overwritten seems to have been fixed in the update addressing iCloud syncing - this is great!
This is a brilliant dungeon crawling game that will have you on the edge of your seat as your party is slowly driven made by the horrors they are forced to endure when you send them into nightmarish locations. There is a sharp initial learning curve, however I feel that after an hour or two of gameplay and a few restarts you’ll get a good feel for the game and it’ll become much, much easier.
My only complaint now is that the UI doesn’t seem to have been optimised for tablet in the slightest. Seems to be a rather lazy port indeed.
Darkest Dungeon is a fantastic game for a tablet and possible a game most worth its price on the app store.
There is a minor complaint that prevents me from 5 staring it and its the touch controls. Being ported from pc, some buttons are too small to tap accurately and the game could use a confirmation pop up for items, because I find myself frequently using an item when I only wanted to read the descriptions. And scrolling through the roster is difficult because you have to tap a tiny arrow.
Otherwise easily one of my favourite games on a tablet.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Red Hook Studios Inc.
- 1.5 GB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2015-2020 Red Hook Studios Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Musketeer £0.00
- The Crimson Court £4.49
- The Shieldbreaker £1.79
- The Color of Madness £4.49
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.