"Decibel X" is one of very few noise meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear current recording at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
Get Decibel X Premium and enjoy:
- Permanently remove all advertisements
- Unlock ITU-R 468, A, B, C frequency filters
- No limits when saving data
* Choose from different subscription options. Our standard subscription options are:
* Subscription payments will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of your purchase and upon commencement of each renewal term. Subscription with a free trial period will automatically renew to a paid subscription. You can cancel your subscription or free trial in the iTunes settings at least 24-hours before the end of the free trial period. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period and you will be downgraded to the free service.
* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.
* EULA: http://www.skypaw.com/decibelx/terms.html
Thanks for using Decibel X! Here's what's new for the version 8.0.2:
∿ Add SPECTROGRAM (you can find it next to the BAR graph)
∿ Fix crashing issue while tapping on export button on iPad devices
∿ Fix min/peak display issue when paused
What's new for the version 8.0.0:
∿ Now all frequency filters A, B, C and 468 are free unlocked without premium upgrade
∿ A whole new dosimeter with all needed features
∿ Add auto-save functionality
∿ Add PDF and HTML report export
∿ When in fullscreen mode, tap on FFT graph show coordination of frequency and db value
∿ Add weekly subscription plan
∿ Remove popup ads at start
∿ Various UI improvements to make the app clearer and intuitive
∿ A lot of performance improvements and bug fixes
∿ Component upgrades
What to expect in the next version:
∿ Record WAVE data along with the dB measurements data and it can be replayed later
∿ Set alarm when exceeded a preset threshold
∿ More powerful data management and export
Ratings and Reviews
Self explanatory app
I only needed to measure the decibels of extreme noise generated by some endless works being carried out next door which was driving me insane. I wanted to have something tangible to show when I was confronted with the usual mantra: "Well, we all have different perception of noise" I am not an expert, but I found this app clear, intuitive and self explanatory. It perfectly fulfilled my basic requirements.
The report spoke by itself when I show it to builders with an average of 100db over a one hour period with two peaks of 108db and 114db respectively, enough to cause damage to the ear drum. The noise stopped.
Just what I need
I am hard of hearing and am keen to avoid places where noise is likely to cause further hearing loss. I used this app very often but since updating to version 11 for iPhone all I got were meaningless squiggles. I wrote a review to this effect and quickly received a reply telling me how to effect a temporary fix whilst waiting for an updated version. The app is now working properly again and I cannot thank the developers enough for both the app and the service they provide. Brilliant! I am so pleased that I have paid to have adverts removed and to export data.
Developer Response ,
Hello, could you pls try temporarily changing the device's display zoom to "Standard" for the moment (in the Settings/Display & Brightness/Display Zoom)? We found that it could be very likely that issue. Please let us know again if that can temporarily solve the problem or not? We're submitting the new version to fix it already and it will be live within a couple of days. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Excellent app, easy to use
There's nothing much to say about this, other than it's the best sound level meter app for iOS...it's very easy to use, the design is great, and it seems to be very accurate. Great for home, office, or out in the field - keep an ear on your work environment to make sure it's not too loud, because that can seriously damage your hearing long-term.
- SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- 32.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch)Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation) and iPod touch (7th generation).
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 SkyPaw
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Membership £3.99
- PRO Upgrade £2.99
- ITU-R 468, A, B, C Weightings £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.