This app turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, detects harmful environmental noises, and helps protect your hearing and health.
"Decibel X" is one of very few noise meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Health App integration: export noise levels directly into Health app
- Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
- Powerful calibration: Linear, Octave 1/1, 1/3, Load/save profile
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support Live Activity, Dynamic Island
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design. Themes: LIGHT, DARK and CLASSIC
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds), FAST (200 milliseconds) AND IMPULSE (50 milliseconds)
- MIC Gain Offset from -50 dB to 50 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
* EULA: http://www.skypaw.com/decibelx/terms.html
Thanks for using Decibel X! Here's what's new for the version 9.7.0:
∿ Data management now supports multiple editing
∿ Data management now supports batch exporting
∿ Fix a critical bug that prevents the app from running on Apple Watch
∿ Adds settings option for showing Live Activities widget
∿ Supports interactive Live Activity widgets
∿ Adds more UI types for Live Activity and Dynamic Island widgets
∿ Upgrade library components
∿ Several other minor improvements & fixes
What to expect in upcoming versions:
∿ Set notification alarm when exceeded a preset threshold
∿ Support external or bluetooth mics
∿ Hearing test
Ratings and Reviews
Self explanatory app
I only needed to measure the decibels of extreme noise generated by some endless works being carried out next door which was driving me insane. I wanted to have something tangible to show when I was confronted with the usual mantra: "Well, we all have different perception of noise" I am not an expert, but I found this app clear, intuitive and self explanatory. It perfectly fulfilled my basic requirements.
The report spoke by itself when I show it to builders with an average of 100db over a one hour period with two peaks of 108db and 114db respectively, enough to cause damage to the ear drum. The noise stopped.
Just what I need
I am hard of hearing and am keen to avoid places where noise is likely to cause further hearing loss. I used this app very often but since updating to version 11 for iPhone all I got were meaningless squiggles. I wrote a review to this effect and quickly received a reply telling me how to effect a temporary fix whilst waiting for an updated version. The app is now working properly again and I cannot thank the developers enough for both the app and the service they provide. Brilliant! I am so pleased that I have paid to have adverts removed and to export data.
Developer Response ,
Hello, could you pls try temporarily changing the device's display zoom to "Standard" for the moment (in the Settings/Display & Brightness/Display Zoom)? We found that it could be very likely that issue. Please let us know again if that can temporarily solve the problem or not? We're submitting the new version to fix it already and it will be live within a couple of days. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
This is an example of an app which turns your smartphone into a specifically powerful tool. It appears to work extremely well and has all sorts of functions which add even more utility. I’ll keep on using this for my work in streaming live events.
The only thing I would add would be a db scale to the y axis of the recorded sessions as its impossible to tell exactly what level it’s at.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- 59 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 SkyPaw
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Membership £4.99
- Weekly Membership £1.99
- Annual Membership £44.99
- ITU-R 468, A, B, C Weightings £1.99
- Data Export £2.99