Discord is where you can make a home for your communities and friends. Where you can stay close and have fun over text, voice, and video. Whether you’re part of a school club, a gaming group, a worldwide art community, or just a handful of friends that want to spend time together, Discord makes it easy to talk every day and hang out more often.
Create an invite-only place
• Discord servers are organized into topic-based channels where you can collaborate, share, and just talk about your day without clogging up a group chat.
• Voice channels make hanging out easy. Grab a seat in a voice channel when you’re free. Friends can see you’re around and pop in to talk, without having to call.
• Reliable tech for staying close. Low latency voice and video feels like you’re in the same room.
STAY CLOSE WITH TEXT, VOICE, AND VIDEO
• Wave hello over video, watch friends stream their games, or gather up and have a drawing session with screen share.
• Turn any image into your own custom emojis and share them with friends.
• Share anything from a funny video to your latest group photos, and pin your favorites to remember later.
FOR A FEW OR A FANDOM
• Custom moderation tools and permission levels can group up your friends, organize your local book club, or bring together music fans from around the world.
• Create moderators, give special members access to private channels, and much more.
New look, same Discord
Ratings and Reviews
brilliant, been using for 3 years now
after using this for 3 years i felt like i had to give a review lol
brilliant app, so much easier and smoother than other social media that tries to accomplish the same thing. the way servers exist with channels for different topics as well as private messages and group chats makes this absolutely supreme for chatting with friends, and establishing communities. looks super smart, doesn’t take up space and is wayyy faster to load than skype or similar alternatives. brilliant for messaging through phone or pc, and looks/performs just as good either way. AND doesn’t take up much mobile data!! my only problem is with the battery consumption, but that’s the case with most social media- it’s probably more to do with the technical side of sending and receiving messages at such a rapid rate, but it would be nice all the same if it didn’t take down my battery quite as fast. overall, fab app, it’s amazing how the devs seem to just continue improving such an already incredible app :)
Depends on the issue?
Discord itself I have no issue with; it’s mostly stable, it’s a good and intuitive platform for discussing games, or even other topics and it’s helped me stave of numerous unpleasant mental states during the pandemic. It’s pretty fabulous for whatever you want or need in a platform, and it’s designed in a way that keeps it simple and easy to get to grips with.
Though I would note the mobile app doesn’t have some of the more useful features, and often (if not always) applies a white background to PNGs you upload, meaning if you want some custom emotes or pfp with no background, you need to go ahead and use the browser platform anyway.
However, I would note that I personally have a problem with at least someone in the help team. I switched to a new account, and I was unable to apply my apple ID to my discord account; I contacted the discord team, who told me it was an apple issue, and the apple team told me it was a problem with discord. Basically both groups pointed at each other, and ultimately told me I needed to wait 180 days at least. I waited, and after the time period it still didn’t work; so keep in mind that if you want to switch account, you will need to use a non-apple form of payment if you want any sort of Nitro. Though if you want to try anyway, I suggest having the refund apple page open in your browser, because you’re going to need it, since they’ll still take the money anyway.
When the app works it’s great, you can customise your channel, add bots and do all sorts of things. Perfect for phones and tablets to be in voice communication with fellow gamers. It does have some serious bugs tho... if you log out and try logging in the next day you always get a message saying something along the lines of ‘this account was trying to be accessed from a new location” which to me doesn’t sound very good and would indicate that the program is constantly under attack by hackers. If you keep it logged in tho there doesn’t seem to have this issue. Another issue is that if there is a minor interruption in your WiFi it doesn’t reconnect but keeps you logged in, (people can hear you but you can’t hear anyone else)... also from time to time the server goes altogether allowing nobody online at all! This doesn’t seem to be very often but I feel that the issues regarding reconnecting after micro disconnects and the issues regarding having to stay logged in due to fear of your account being compromised is something to worry about. Who knows, by installing this app I could be being listened to even if I’m not even in a voice channel?... pls fix these issues soon. I’ve been using the app for months and have seen no attempt by the developers to correct what should be very simple errors and flaws.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Discord, Inc.
- 171.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Monthly £9.49
- Nitro Classic (1 Month) £4.99
- Classic Monthly £4.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.