Discourse is the 100% open source discussion platform built for the next decade of the Internet. It works as:
- a mailing list
- a discussion forum
- a long-form chat room
The application provides:
- A central spot to view all notifications, unread counts and new counts from your forums
- Real time push notifications for officially hosted Discourse forums
- Authentication via Safari for quicker access to your sites
Small usability improvement when network is slow, users now see a screen with buttons to reload and quit if webview takes too long to load.
Ratings and Reviews
Not quite so awful after latest update
Seems like they’ve rolled the UI back to something useful again.
One step forward, two steps back
This version makes two big changes for the worse:
1. All non-Discourse links now open in Safari (not mentioned in release notes!)
2. Uses different web view interface
Not sure why these changes have been made when everything was working just fine?
The new authentication seems better, though as a user I'm not sure why it was needed?
These things have not been communicated.
The new interface is probably an improvement but seems a little rough right now (bad choice of icons, progress bar too close to status bar items on my iPhone 7, no refresh, strange/unreliable way to recall the navigation bar).
I feel the developer hadn't learned anything from the great 1.4.0 revolt?
...if it ain't broke don't fix it!
Good app but no sync.
App is useful to keep track of every forum you’re part of.
Sadly if you have more then one device, like an iPhone and an iPad, theres no iCloud sync features, so you have to manually add each forum to each device, and sign in individually, which is quite painful.
- Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.
- 5.9 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.