Drafts, where text starts. The popular iOS note-taking and automation app now has a Mac companion!
Drafts on the Mac provides a great way to quickly capture ideas, thoughts, text snippets - or to access those created on the iOS and Apple Watch version via fast sync.
WRITE RIGHT NOW
Capture with the quick-entry window, accessible via global keyboard shortcut, or from the menu bar. Jot down any notes or ideas before they slip away.
EDIT YOUR WAY
ORGANIZE YOUR DRAFTS
Beyond just writing, you can keep things in order using the Inbox and Archive, using Flags or Tags to group items, or setting up a Workspace with custom filters for different scenarios.
ADVANCED ACTIONS COMING SOON
Users of Drafts for iPhone and iPad can expect advanced Actions and automation functionality – coming soon to the Mac version!
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, find integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Share a single pro subscription between iOS and macOS versions of Drafts (iCloud required)
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Editor themes
• Create and Edit Actions (iOS only)
• Extra widgets and better share and capture options
• Enhanced URL Automation (iOS only)
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and update with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
- **Fix:** Glitch with link mode and checkboxes.
For details and change history at https://getdrafts.com/changelog-mac
Ratings and Reviews
Great app on iOS ... great future for Mac
This is a great app on iOS, and I am sure will be too on the Mac. It has all the really useful notetaking features, (plain text and flavours of markdown - no images etc) and syncs beautifully with the iOS versions. Menu bar apps and shortucts useful too.
Those used to the iOS app will be looking forward to the implementation of actions wit this app too - which is what gives the iOS is real power and makes it immensely useful.
The free version has all the basic features, and the subscription version add somes embellishments mostly about look and feel.
Workspaces is also included in the subscription, which is a kind of saved search (using tags) which will be very usefl to anyone with a large number of notes.
Very pleased with the response from the developers when I pointed out a bug in the first public version of the mac app - quick reply and quick fix.
First stop for taking notes. Even better when paired with iOS
I've been using Drafts for ages on my iPhone as my instant note-taker. Having a sync'ed version of it on my Mac now makes the workflow complete.
If you've not used it, it takes away the 'pain' of working out where to put notes, snippets, content etc - until after you've captured. That's the right way round, too. Once you've done that, then - via actions - you can move the notes into whichever app or recipient you want.
Actions aren't included in the Mac version yet, but that doesn't stop you from using this great app.
Just Keeps Getting Better
Finally, it has clicked for me. The usefullness was always apparent but I couldn't find a place to leverage it in my particular daily workflow.
Something has clicked and now I use it as my starting place for information capture... in particular - on my Apple Watch complication.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.