Drafts, where text starts. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
## Now Available for Mac! ##
App of the Day, TIME Magazine's Best Apps!
MacStories "Reader's Choice Award"!
Drafts lets you turn text into action – it’s a quick notebook, handy editor, and writing automation tool, all in one. Instead of tapping around other apps, capture in Drafts first. Open it and write right away, then do something useful with your words.
## HOW DRAFTS WORKS ##
Drafts opens to a new page with the keyboard ready so you can type immediately. Go hands-free with Dictation, or ask Siri to "Create a note using Drafts".
Drafts lets you get things down before you forget – no choosing document templates or waiting for your file to download.
USE YOUR WORDS:
Drafts is a launching-off point for text – use the actions to copy it, share it, or deep link into other apps and services. Compose a tweet or message, create a file in Dropbox, send a task off to Reminders – there are hooks into tons of your favorite apps.
REMEMBER IT NOW – OR LATER:
New entries go into the Inbox. Once there, you can Tag them for organization, Flag them for importance, or Archive them for long-term storage.
TAKE TEXT TO A NEW LEVEL:
Set up a text editing experience that’s perfect for you, with tons of interface adjustments like custom fonts and control over spacing, line height, and margins.
Use the customizable extended row above the keyboard to quickly convert, manipulate, and transform your writing. Make lists, use Markdown to get things just right.
Process your drafts quickly using unique features like Link Mode, Arrange Mode, and Focus Mode.
## WHY YOU’LL LOVE DRAFTS ##
IT WILL CHANGE HOW YOU USE YOUR DEVICES:
Drafts gives you a new approach to using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, letting you write first and think about what to do with it later. Try it in your dock for a week, you'll find you can't live without it.
GETTING WORDS DOWN HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER:
Drafts opens lightning fast and with support for capture via Siri, the widget, share extension, file import, and dictation - Drafts is like post-its updated for the smartphone era.
Actions make Drafts a Swiss Army knife for text. Integrate with a bewildering array of apps and services.
## JOIN THE COMMUNITY ##
Check out our Action Directory (actions.getdrafts.com) for ready-to-use actions for third party apps and services. Join the Drafts Community (forums.getdrafts.com) to get help, integration guides and a regular flow of tips & tricks.
## DRAFTS PRO ##
Get more out of Drafts with a Drafts Pro subscription:
• Create and Edit Actions
• Themes and Icons - suit the experience to your tastes with Dark theme, custom app icon, and more
• Workspaces - Apply preferred tag, query, and sort settings for your drafts list with Workspaces
• Extra widgets and better share extension options
• Enhanced Automation
We are always working hard to expand the capabilities of Drafts and up-to-date with the latest technologies. Your support helps keep the app growing – thank you to Drafts Pro subscribers!
Contact us on Twitter at @draftsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPGRADING FROM DRAFTS 4?
Drafts installs as a new app and will not affect your existing Drafts 4 installation. Check out getdrafts.com/upgrade for details on migrating.
## SUBSCRIPTION DETAILS ##
• Monthly and annual subscriptions are available
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period
• Automatic renewals will be charged at the same price you were originally charged for the subscription
• Subscriptions can be managed or cancelled by going to Account Settings on the App Store after purchase
Mostly a bug fix/performance release...
- Performance and memory use improvements.
- **New:** Print action step adds option to set font size for plain text format printing.
- **New:** Convenience methods on `Todoist` scripgin object to work with Sections.
- `getSections() -> [object]`
- `getProjectSections(projectID: Int) -> [object]`
- `createSection(options: object) -> object`
- `getSection(sectionID: Int) -> object`
- `updateSection(sectionID: Int, options: object) -> object`
- **Fix:** Scroll position placed wrong when returning to app without creating a new draft.
- **Fix:** Line height not always set properly in a new draft until a character was typed. Mostly visible when "highlight insertion point" is enabled.
- **New:** `HTTPResponse` script object now has `headers` object property exposing any HTTP headers returned with the response.
- **New:** Option to export sync log to Files app for users who do not use the default Mail app.
Complete version history with documentation: https://docs.getdrafts.com/docs/misc/changelog-ios
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
If you could marry an app...
I suppose it might be legal in parts of the world to marry an app. I’m going to check into the legislation where I live. I can’t make it through the day without Drafts, and to be honest, I don’t need anything or anyone else. I can write poems with Drafts, I can write emails with Drafts, I can write the Great American Novel with Drafts. I can make little workspaces to keep notes on different projects. I can keep a shopping list. I can store everything that can be expressed in words, whether it be administrative, artistic, literary, legal, social, or the secret instructions to find a buried treasure. It does things that no other app does, from the simple yet profound structural capabilities it offers to adapt to your way of thinking, down to the button that lets you nudge your cursor one character ahead or back (why isn’t this a native part of iOS? But it’s not — and I haven’t found this anywhere but in Drafts). It even overcomes some of iOS’s natural limitations, like the time limit on dictation. It makes you feel like a genius coder and markup man, but it’s easier to use than Microsoft Word or Pages (far easier). Drafts and a bottle of wine, an internet connection, and a three-day weekend... my idea of bliss. (This review was written in Drafts.)
An apology, changed my mind
I originally wrote quite a damming review as i was outraged at the change to a subscription model from drafts 4, a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. I have now removed that review. This developer is actually very fair. He gives you a weeks free trial of the full option set, which I used, and it then reverts to the free version. The free version is very usable and contains all the features I need. He does not hold back one important feature to make you pay for features
you don’t need. The app is now very polished and I use it everyday. I can see the need for the subscription version for power users and hope he gets quite a few to pay for continuing
development and support for this app. I would hate to see it go and have made a modest voluntary contribution in drafts4 ,so be fair and give the man .99 or 1.99 or whatever.
apologies to the developer for my previous hasty review
I’ve been using Drafts for a few years and it’s just a great app as you can read form all the review and has a great user group in DiscourseHub that you should check but what made me finally add my review was a recent support experience. I just recently purchased an Apple Watch so of course I added drafts. I couldn’t get my iPhone drafts to sync and so raised a support issue. The response was quick by email and it took a few different attempts of things to try with back and forth emails always quick and polite responses direct from the developer. Turns out the issue was a crazy draft XML style file with 22,000 rows and 650,000 characters. As soon as I removed that everything started working.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Agile Tortoise
- 63.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 by Agile Tortoise, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Drafts Pro - Monthly [i] £2.99
- Drafts Pro - Annual [i] £29.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.